Making notes

M

marlonksmith

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am soon to purchase poke co pilot for my Mac book ready to jump into the micro stakes but I’m curious, do you guys also make a lot of notes as wel as using your HUD? And if so do you track each player with the notes made :)0

Erpherk

Erpherk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do takes notes from time to time but only against players a see a lot in the games i play. As far as the HUD goes i don't use one because i only play micro.. but i bet the HUD it would give you a nice edge against other micro players that don't use them.

M

marlonksmith

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do takes notes from time to time but only against players a see a lot in the games i play. As far as the HUD goes i don't use one because i only play micro.. but i bet the HUD it would give you a nice edge against other micro players that don't use them.

Ok great cheers for that :) when your first started on the micros did you implement a tight aggressive style :fight:

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also make notes but as Erpherk said, be sure you are making notes based on trends you are seeing over many hands. When I first started playing, I read to make notes and would write down things I made judgments on way too early. This would cause me to make plays or calls against them that were incorrect had I really done the research.

Using a HUD with note taking helps a lot. Make sure that your notes are in agreement with what your HUD is telling you.

hutzpaf

hutzpaf

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Notes should be checked from time to time because some players develop over time :icon_thum

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Now in many poker rooms there is a tendency to ban special software and HUD. So manual labeling is the right way. But unfortunately, this only works for small groups of players. For example in tournaments from CardsChat, where rarely more than 200 participants.

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dpnt take extensive notes just basic notes like capable of bluff raising river or min 4bet AA etc.. I think you can get to bogged down if you start trying to take notes on many individual situations. So i rather build notes around lines villain is capablw of to cover many situations with 1 note. And look to see if they have any patterns like always min 4bets AA or always 4bet shoves AK for a confirmed read. Colour coding for me is more helpful than to many notes so i rely far more on player pool tendencies through colour coding than i do extencive note taking/

M

marlonksmith

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dpnt take extensive notes just basic notes like capable of bluff raising river or min 4bet AA etc.. I think you can get to bogged down if you start trying to take notes on many individual situations. So i rather build notes around lines villain is capablw of to cover many situations with 1 note. And look to see if they have any patterns like always min 4bets AA or always 4bet shoves AK for a confirmed read. Colour coding for me is more helpful than to many notes so i rely far more on player pool tendencies through colour coding than i do extencive note taking/

Ok cheers, that makes sense as it seems like you could get bogged down with a lot of individual notes. By colour coding do you mean on your HUD? Sorry confused there :/

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ok cheers, that makes sense as it seems like you could get bogged down with a lot of individual notes. By colour coding do you mean on your HUD? Sorry confused there :/

Use your Hud the sites colour coding system or both,any or all will do.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I never made notes about players. I do not see any sense in this. People play differently, depending on the mood.
Good luck.

X

xxgsaint5501xx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I use Poker Tracker 4. they offer a 30 day free trial. Give it a shot. Once you set it up and get used to the information you are receiving, you will never want to play online without it, It will dramatically improve your game if set up and used properly

M

marlonksmith

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use Poker Tracker 4. they offer a 30 day free trial. Give it a shot. Once you set it up and get used to the information you are receiving, you will never want to play online without it, It will dramatically improve your game if set up and used properly

Unfortunately, I use a Mac book and I don’t think they are compatible-.- I think I am going to use poker co pilot, have you heard anything about this HUD?

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my game, I do not use HUD. I use notes on the players. In the notes I indicate the style of the opponent's game; the opponent's actions after the flop, turn and river; bluffing players; theft of blinds; calling station - the main thing that the notes were simple and understandable.

vitalicharniak

vitalicharniak

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the medal has two sides. Always remember that as long as you write notes on someone, this someone will also follow you closely and also record your interesting moves. It is important to adapt your poker game to the Internet well, because here you will be studied by opponents much more often than in a live game. For this, each poker room has a function of writing notes and there are separate poker analysis and statistics programs. This means you need to constantly remember this and always try to confuse opponents as much as possible by changing your playing style.

S

spottedflyer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't take notes but I ought to, i get distracted sometimes so notes is a good idea :)

TravelerLloyd

TravelerLloyd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I useually don't worry about notes, I just put a red next to them if they are scary and a green next to them if they are fun. Most of the good ones, go both ways, you can't get a handle on them!
I don't take notes but I ought to, i get distracted sometimes so notes is a good idea :)

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There more you can do better. I really like to color code the players because I think it makes it much easier to multi table.

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to take notes on players when I play in the tournaments I play regularly. When playing the same tournaments over and over again you will come across some of the same players so it would suit you to know them.

HobokenNJ

HobokenNJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unfortunately, I use a Mac book and I don’t think they are compatible-.- I think I am going to use poker co pilot, have you heard anything about this HUD?

PT4 is definitely mac compatible. Poker copilot definitely has the better UI and is more Mac friendly. I ended up w/ PT4 because it has more stats and therefore seems like it'll be the program for the longer term. Poker copilot is a nice program -- too bad PT4 can't buy them out and get their program to look as good (on a Mac).

M

marlonksmith

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PT4 is definitely mac compatible. Poker copilot definitely has the better UI and is more Mac friendly. I ended up w/ PT4 because it has more stats and therefore seems like it'll be the program for the longer term. Poker copilot is a nice program -- too bad PT4 can't buy them out and get their program to look as good (on a Mac).

Cheers for that, wasn’t aware that It was available on Mac. As you’ve used both would you say maybe poker co pilot would be more user friendly was really adiquite for a beginners needs:D

HobokenNJ

HobokenNJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As you’ve used both would you say maybe poker co pilot would be more user friendly was really adiquite for a beginners needs:D

Poker copilot definitely has a better UI, and less options, which -- likely -- make it easier for a beginner. I got the sense I would grow out of it.

To be honest, I hadn't really learned to access all the complex stuff on PT4, so maybe I should've stuck w/ Poker copilot.

In any case, both have free trials. Try both -- see what you think.