Making bad choices at the table.

N

NeoBandit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I been playing micro stakes poker with little success. I get angry and want to blame the card room or blame the other players who are just trying to have fun and not worried about winning too much. Well, I know it is not the card room and it is not the other players who make bad plays for me i am the one making the bad plays even though I know they have me beat. It's not very often have I been caught off guard not knowing i have been beat which makes it even harder when each game I play with bad calls going on to lose more money from bad plays. Not sure why I do it but i know one thing I am going to get better and I am going to learn to be a winning player. I am going to keep on playing and getting better. I am getting better and I am going to continue watching videos on YouTube and learning more. I will never quit I am going to keep working on my game. I don't have the money to pay to learn but i can watch you tube videos and get better.

vadimcs1495

vadimcs1495

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
all right. you need to improve your game no matter what

learn more about poker books

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its certainly possible to learn a lot from free training material. When I started playing poker, I watched all the training videos from The Poker Bank. While these are rather old now, they are still not a bad source for micro stakes online cash games. Many of the hands are from limits like 100NL, but back then 100NL played pretty similar to, what 5NL or 10NL does today. Another good source is Blackrain79, who review hands on Youtube.

I am sure you can find a lot of great stuff on paid training sites like Upswing Poker or Pokercoaching.com. But if you are a new player struggling to beat stakes like 2NL and 5NL, some of it will almost be to advanced and might end up doing you more harm than good. The smallest stakes is really all about keeping it as simple as possible and controlling your emotions.

ACESOVEREZZZ

ACESOVEREZZZ

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bad Choices

Getting better at poker takes time and effort if you want to exceed. Regardless if you are playing mico stakes or high stake games.

Was told long ago by a friend who is a professional player to learn how to just play your cards and not get caught up in playing the other players. Made sense to me and help me improve my game some not betting against the person at the table who always raised or bet on rags just to beat him or her.

Good luck to you at the tables and be sure to look at poker strategy posted here.

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
By no charge

Information on the free poker relation which floods the internet is helpful to you.

There is sometimes a case that those bring the value more than a pay one.

S

spclftltc

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
even the best players know that they have been through this, the only thing that can be done is to continue practicing, watching videos is the best, as well as having the best in different situations and also helps you refine your game

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ok make sure you are getting into all the free games possible if your doing micro games.... ALSO make sure GAME X is worth your and effort i do not play 10k starting stack 55 cent 100 gtd at 5:30 on acr say..... i used to win it often and the 11 cent 7:15pm 100 gtd.... id rather play 200 gts or freerolls at this point :)