Lulling people into overconfidence

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most people will show a bluff in the hopes that later on someone will call a big bet when they have a strong hand. Another, less used tactic, is to lull people into thinking you can be bullied. If you've got a smallish pot that you don't really care about and someone bets, consider folding after quite a delay even if you have the best hand. Let the small pot go, just to lull people into thinking you can be forced out of a pot. You may find them trying to bully you when you do have a strong hand and bring in a much larger pot than the one you let go.

M

Mike D_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Default tactic for a tight player I need to say... making people to believe u can fold easy and paying you off later.

Gohaku94

Gohaku94

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I belive this is totally wrong lol. By showing others you fold easily.. any one with half a brain will realise that you called or raised and you have something better than most times.. so by doing this you actually get exactly the opposite from what you want. People will slow down with anything vs you any time you give any kind of action

N

Nick301274

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this is one of the types of strategy I often use and this gives the result

B

BigRivers

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Against a super tight player it does work well, especially when they bet all-in. I folded AK face up preflop to a rock the other day. When we were at the final table he shoved with k/6.

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I disagree. You don't wanna invite people to push you around. This is because most times you will not have a strong hand. Unless villains are morons, they will sense you are trapping them.

Now, if you are saying that you want to present a tight image to set up spots where you can steal pots, then why would you fold a hand that you are probably ahead? Just play tight in other spots.

vinnie

vinnie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Good hands aren't common enough to fold the best hand because you want the image of folding too much. You will fold enough by folding the bad hands. This is horrible advice.