Low pocket pairs in early position

N

ninoverm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the comments all. They're quite divided, which I guess proves my point, haha. I'll just go with my gut every time this occasion occurs, as you all probably do too.

max_cool20

max_cool20

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on the blinds, in many cases, this hand can win for example AK but do not risk much with this hand!

E

Edson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's all depend of phase of tournament, and your opponents. And of course Your postflop skill :)

payck007

payck007

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
here it is impossible to tell unequivocally raise, call or fold, my actions will depend on the overall table of character, of which the reputation of the table, I myself created, the reputation of the opponents on the severity of the tournament, from the stage of the tournament, and hopefully my actions will not depend of emotions

Romario2223

Romario2223

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If it's tourney you can limp dor set
If its cash or raise or fold

L

lf_aceboogie

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I see myself asking the same question whenever dealt a hand like this, I honestly want to know how to play this hand as well. I usually raise but still am careful and weary of other hands people may have.

korneel

korneel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I ussualy fold them,unless the table is passive or i'm short-stacked.

robertocoelho

robertocoelho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to give a raise or call to see if crack but without compromising my stack

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Low pockets are considered to be "E" ranking hand, which means "Call if pot odds justify". THis means you might jump in if you already see quite many players in with just BB, but you cant be in early position then. So generally one should obstain from playing unless in extremply desperate situation :rolleyes:

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The value of low prs in any position is the potential of flopping a set. get in cheaply, then extract value when you have your set.

B

Broon1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you can't find a way to play them profitable fold them. otherwise you can use the 5-10% rule, ok to call 5% of your stack, not more than 10%, in between is judgement