Low pocket pair preflop

T

te7ris

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey,
I just had a hand sitting UTG2 w/ 33. I limped and it goes something like 3 limps and raise ~6Bigblinds. Is it worth to call and draw for the set? I had to call for like 10% of my stack

F

FlyingFitz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold would be my answer

I find that sometimes holding on to a low pocket pair, hoping to hit will many times get you in trouble even when you hit, for someone else has a higher pocket pair and hits too. Thus, you end up going all in thinking you have the best 3 of a kind, until they show you their higher pocket pair and your out of the game - sometimes loosing a stack that took an hour or more to build. I would fold them if I never had lots of money in the game to take chances.

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
33 in early positions is a limp if you can, but they are a fold against a raise per-flop. At least that is how I play them. I see a lot of players play any pocket pair all the way, and more times that none, they lose. I'm just not putting my chips out there on a hope to hit a set. GL to you

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold,don't call a raise with more than 5% effective stack especially with 33, unless you got a very good read on the villain.

starting_at_the_bottom

starting_at_the_bottom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends

If its multi way and villains will stack off with top pair or overpair type hands its borderline ok to limp call pre for 10% stack

Ideally you dont really want to set mine for above 5% stack as stated above though.

D

diserg1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
quite dangerous, but also potentially winning hand. The success of the raffle pairs largely depends on luck. High probability of winning if the pair was supplemented to the set. To enter the drawing can and should be, but only if you are in late position and you did not have to raise.

Roman Tsygankov

Roman Tsygankov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just easy fold. It Is nod a good call, because you have bad odds and someone can have a better pair(lots of limps).