Low cards

A

Atodaso204

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you guys are card dead, how do you play your low cards? Do you disguise them as high cards and cash in on the rag flop? Or lay down and for your face cards?

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I stay out of trouble. I try to get in cheap, so I like when I am big blind,then I don't mind being dealt low cards. And I hit the flop.

J

Jack Reacher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Only when the table allows me.In any other scenario when i'm surrounded with dozen loose players i try to go with a bang or to double my small stack.

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have 2 low cards, and there are often a board and the case over which I win an overwhelming victory only with a low card.

M

Mahdi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you guys are card dead, how do you play your low cards? Do you disguise them as high cards and cash in on the rag flop? Or lay down and for your face cards?

depends on the board texture, on the tournament or cash situation, on players around you and your position... you have to be more specific :D

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Usually I will just keep folding (face-down) and try to stay patient. As always, I might still try to bluff at situational spots here and there (since cards may not matter if I don't plan on getting to showdown anyway), but typically folding is best. Everyone gets card dead some times; what you want to avoid is tilting or blowing off your stack on some forced bluffs. When card dead, the goal is to survive and wait for the better cards again. Being card dead can be annoying at certain spots, but that is a part of the game and it happens to everyone sooner or later.