Lost Motivation

Royal_074

Royal_074

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it time to make a rest from poker)) try to do it for a week and come back refreshed with new energy

A

Acunaaldje

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Take a big brake. Go Sporting or something where you're kind can rest.

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
Become friends with good poker players and talk with them regularly. It makes world of difference for motivation, discipline and everything else poker related.

poker_bro

poker_bro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a very good clip of achieving goals. It helped me a lot with lack of motivation in poker

D

darpblog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I refocus my enjoyment to learning the game instead of winning. Like, I'm in a tournament thinking things like , "oh cool, this is a tough spot. It will be interesting to analyze it later" and the such. It's very different from where I was agonizing over winning flips. Don't get me wrong, I still want to punch something if I bust with AA allin preflop vs an underpair, but having something to look forward to beyond the result of a hand, makes it a different experience.

Douglas Gonzaga

Douglas Gonzaga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try to have fun at the table and play with more love, so leaving the rest in the background makes the ultimate goal easier.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Set small goals.You win $3 a day, you will have a $1,000 bank in a years time.

Awesome advice. I always say I can make a million if I have a few pennies to work with in the bankroll. If the bankroll is at zero, kinda harder to make progress towards that goal.

My advice to OP is there is a reason you lose your motivation. Sometimes we need sleep, sometimes we need to eat, sometimes we need to battle. Your motivation or lack thereof says which of these is most important at the moment.

P

Pickat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It sounds that you might be alot like me . I consider myself a recreational player . I love the game but I know that I'm not going to invest the time and concentration needed to be an excellent player . I feel I'm successful if it doesn't cost me money . I go up and down at times but don't set my expectations higher than the time I 'm willing to invest allows . Just decide what you are trying to get out of the game , compaired to what you can put into it . Then you may be able to enjoy it more consistently . Wish you well and good luck.

timberwolf94

timberwolf94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's hard to keep motivation up sometimes. As for me this site has really helped me with that. I wish I found it sooner.

The_Times

The_Times

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I play in the impotant tournament and broadway cards come to me. I am afraid to call all-in or play them because it is possible that I can loose and I will leave the tournament,but I can win.One day I played and my opponent always went all-in,but I did not have good hands to all him,then I got AJ and called him,he had AK and I lost.

Mootizit

Mootizit

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends actually on whether you are playing seriously or just for hobby.Observing your brm is the key in keeping up the motivation or just wasting time.