Losing streaks

P

Paulozg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't we hate when losing streaks come :\ I've seen guys with 5% go into the river and catch the card. Try taking a brake, if you still keep losing with the best hand, oh well, jjust make sure you don't tilt cause that makes it worst

G

godoy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hope you get trhough this hard time, I can't complain about mine lol
I'm in second in a tournament at full tilt, it's a low prize pool but I believe I can get it
=)
gl man

A

artsmith1296

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate it when it happens too but luck swings both ways. Drop down a level in stakes if its eating up too much of your bankroll. Take some time off. Tighten up your game. I wonder when somebody says they are playing their "A" game already. It seems to carry the feeling that they already know everything and have no room for improvement and we all should know that we each have our own leaks.

Post some hand histories to get some opinions of whether you are getting a run of bad beats or not.

C

cexandmoney

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
dont feel alone on that one. been there all year. till i realized i was playing on weekends and during the evening. basicly playing aginst recreational players that are just having fun. then i started playing during the day and my cashes improved. recreational players are at work. real players are working theyer skills and bankroles during the day. you cant bluff a player that dont care if they win or not.

G

Gabaik

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Every 2 motnhs it will be happend me to, but after i always stand up, and dont play a few days,after i win again.... so that happend every poeple, who play a poker so relax someday... and after play again. Good luck for everybody who lost a bid money

L

lewis010

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah everybody have bad streaks....its very difficult to afford it but this is poker.. one day you win the wsop ( maybe never this is an example) and another you lose in the first hand.... this is poker...

C

Committed

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i understand the whole taking a day off thing but how can you when you know you have your A game and your losing with huge hands all the time. ive never had a good winning streak(not online anyways) seams like my usernames are just set to eat.

W

WPG_NATIVE

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
it's always good to take a day off and have a good sleep b4 u play again play smart and when u play and have the nuts all the time then u know you'll bounce back from a losing streak

juz2swt

juz2swt

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You will have swings when you play I am currently on one right now with a losing streak in the sngs. So I took a break from them and play live tables and switch the game up..

L

leavem

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you hit an unlucky streak the best thing you can do is take some time off. The worse thing you can do is chase your losses. If you aren't willing to take a break, try a different game. If you usually play NLHE, switch to Omaha or Stud. The streak will break, we all go through the good and the bad.

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i understand the whole taking a day off thing but how can you when you know you have your A game and your losing with huge hands all the time. ive never had a good winning streak(not online anyways) seams like my usernames are just set to eat.

You put some thought into changing your user name - I recommend doing it.
It attracts bugs.:willy:

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm sorta on a bad streak. Recently played a 150+25 live tourney two saturdays ago, and a 300+40 the following sunday. Perfect situation in the 150, I check-raise the flop of 10-7-3 Rainbow from the big blind, guy pushes allin with Jacks. I call with my Set of 3's. Insta turn jack on me. Placed 15th out of 160 in a top 10 payout.

Very next day in the 300+, I get allin on the flop, Q's vs my 10 J. 10-J-6 Board. Dude turns the perfect drawing card. King. rivers another King. Counterfeito. Out 12th of 60. Top 10 payout.

Just a couple of depressing rail finishes. :( I want a big pot already! grrrr

Maybe you're over-agressive towards the bubble.
Slow down.
Limit your range.
3,3 or J,10 won't work here much.

T

tjyff

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just take a big donk then quit for a week. You'll feel a lot better when you get back.

T

tonymac32

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
good poker player knows when to walk away... always walk away after a bad beat when your on tilt... unless you learn from it... most of time time i walk away cept when i bluffed on the flush and duce called with top pair and no hearts.....wasnt a good call he just wasnt good and didnt believe in flushes....for the next hour only then i played was suited cards in hands he was in won small pots here and there but finally got a flush against his top pair and took it back... its ok to chase if you know what your doing and have a plan to get it back but if your on tilt take a day or two off... cause you wont be patient enough and usually self destuct with a maniac playing styl

A

Arielstorm

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have had a bad losing streak for the past two weeks. So I took this week off and have not even touched the computer or even looked at a poker site. Now I think I am ready to play again. Goodluck and get your groove back

H

Halibel

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
W = Cash
L = No Cash

I had a streak like so:

wwlwwwlwwllwwlwLLLLLLw...

even the best of us have these streaks/

W

Wilko89911

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had the same problem recently however I started to play the Double or Nothing SnG, there are not too diffucult to get ITM, and should help you get back into the winning frame of mind.

jasonallen28

jasonallen28

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had a bad losing streak yesterday, I could not catch a hand If I wanted to. It was terrible and I almost broke my computer monitor.

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I had a bad losing streak yesterday, I could not catch a hand If I wanted to. It was terrible and I almost broke my computer monitor.

... take a hour off...
...or a day...
... or as long as it takes to find out what you did wrong....
...think about it...

Read in the forums and strategy section here and return stronger.

5 Thoughts That Could Cripple Your Stack
:deal:

JCuervo

JCuervo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Got a suggestion, just look for me on a table because my bad streak is worse than yours...lol. Of the 2 tournments I've played today, I've lost to 5 of 6 in someone catching "3" outer and my pockets have been cracked 3 of 4 times. But as everyone has said it goes in streaks, just hope it changes soon.