Acechador

Acechador

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
What do you do or what advice can you give, when you have had a bad losing streak?

Last weekend, I was eliminated 4 times in a row in just 2 hours playing tournaments, I have never lost in all the tournaments and been eliminated so soon.

I decided to turn off the computer and go out for a smoke, I had a feeling of anger and helplessness that I hadn't felt for a long time.

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Study your play, take a look back at those hands you lost & see if you could have done things different.

J

JCSmith

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As RustyRed said study your hands with PokerOffice/Tracker/Holdem Manager if you can and try not to get frustrated. Bad runs will happen.

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
something like this will happen again and again, you just have to accept it. It is part of the game that you win and sometimes lose and the probability that you lose is usually higher than that you win. In a tournament with 500 people, there are only 9 who make the final table. I don't mean to say that you are a loser or can't play poker or anything else. It is simply part of the game. But they said earlier, you should also look at your hands and see if you have made mistakes and then learn a lesson from these mistakes

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I think you did the right thing. Step back. Do anything non poker related and come back when you feel refreshed again.

You have won in the past, you will win again. It is just a numbers game and in this game we only win a fraction of the times we play.

T

Tato Ivan

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Maybe four tournaments at the same time prevent you from concentrating? Try to play two tournaments at the same time, the result may change.

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
These things happen, poker can be brutal. But taking a break or analyzing hands usually helps. Even if you make the right decisions, you can be eliminated very quickly. So not taking losses personally is a good way, even if this is sometimes hard to digest.

N

NoMore

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello
Because I play at 4-5 tables, I often lose in tournaments))

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How long have you been playing poker?
If you are in the 1st or 2nd year, please do not worry about such things. It's a common thing.

Acechador

Acechador

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
Maybe four tournaments at the same time prevent you from concentrating? Try to play two tournaments at the same time, the result may change.
I was playing 2 tournaments at the beginning and I was eliminated, then I played 2 more and I was also eliminated, what upset me the most is that I lost against bad bets

Acechador

Acechador

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
How long have you been playing poker?
If you are in the 1st or 2nd year, please do not worry about such things. It's a common thing.
I've was playing for 10 years.

apLike

apLike

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
At such moments, you should take a break from poker and switch to something else, literally for 1-2 days. Go somewhere, do a hobby or something like that.

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
these negative emotions are part of poker, you want to earn extra money lying on the couch, at home, in comfortable conditions, it's not easy to earn money, a priori, otherwise no one would work in factories at a machine or on a construction site, everyone would play poker

it is necessary to accept this and when such a period in the game comes, silently accept it as given

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is inevitable for everyone. The main thing is to stop playing in time and take a break. Sometimes it happens the other way around and then it seems to you that you grabbed God by the beard and you suddenly began to play poker perfectly. In such cases, you should not lose control of yourself and understand that you are just lucky and are not breaking headlong to win.

Mauricio Perrotta

Mauricio Perrotta

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
In those cases you have to have peace of mind, a bad streak can happen, but you have to take it easy and not do crazy things.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As others have said, this is just part of the game, and not cashing in 4 tournaments is a completely normal outcome, since most tournaments only pay around 1 in 7 entries. Anyone, who play enough, are going to experience far worse runs than this like not cashing 30 tournaments in a row and then only getting a min-cash.

akgross

akgross

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I'm not lucky in a game, I try to play without aggression and only with good starting links. The concentration of attention is best on two open tables.