Losing with AA

I

IgorBochkarev

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have never been able to reset AA, even realizing that I am no longer in charge, how often did you drop AA

F

forest_leaves

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First monitor what you are doing wrong, are you trying to slow play or are you not raising pre flop enough? If the pots are multi-way, its never good

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It's really hard to fold aces,especially if you have already put a tidy bunch of chips in the pot!!! But if villian starts playing back hard at youlook at the board. MIGHT HE HAVE THE STRAIGHT OR FLUSH THAT HAS JUST TURNED??? Don't throw good money after bad...just fold

H

Haftus

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me it would be very hard too to drop aces, but I never slow play aces. I try to get them all in before flop if I am not that deep. And before flop I have best chances of wining before flop.

SirYivx

SirYivx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hard hand to fold unless the board is wet. No real scare cards that can come considering you're holding two of the four best cards. Folding AA is something that comes with time. Unless there is four to a straight or four to a flush on board, it can be hard to get away from. I'd advise ALWAYS raising AA and always 3betting it vs a raise. If you are facing a lot of aggression from an unknown or tight opponent, you can lay it down as well. Always try and put your opponent on a specific range. Say you are on the button with AA. UTG +1 raises 2.5x BB. Action folds to you. You 3bet 3.5x the raise. Villain calls. Villains range now consists of pocket pairs and suited broadway connectors(KQs, AQs) with the occasional suited connector(78s, 9Ts). Flop comes Jc Kc 4s. Villain checks. You bet. Villain check raises you all in. What do you do? Villain's range is now KQ, AK, KJ, JJ, 44, and possible flush draws that he is playing aggressively. KK would have most likely 4bet you pre-flop. If you fold here, you are losing money. You are still ahead of all flush draws and all top pairs, and only behind 3 hands, one of which(KJ) you can improve on by hitting another 4. If you are getting Aces all in in spots like these, you are putting your money in good, however you can still lose to flush draws, two pairs, and flopped sets, but the odds are in your favor.

Basically, never slow play aces(unless you know player tendencies or have a short stack behind you to try and induce an all-in) and bet big enough to give your opponent bad odds to see another card. Be very careful on boards with flushes and straights possible, and always try to put your opponent on a specific range. This is important not just for playing aces, but for every hand you play.

C

Cloxy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on a lot of factors. I think you must reduce the number of players starting from the preflop and fold it only in very dangerous situations like 3 or 4-bet or straight, flush board. Sometimes the all-in from preflop could be appropriate. Fold from preflop ?? It is hard. I even can't imagine the situation when I would fold this hand. Maybe with 3+ players all-in from preflop, I would fold this hand. But I think too rarely ))

B1731898

B1731898

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I first started really learning the game of NL Texas Holdem, back in 2003. My Brother told me to go all in with Aces or Kings. Now that I think I know how to play a little better,(haha), I think going all in with AA isn't such a bad idea after all.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

🙉 🙈 🙊 student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Don't forget that sometimes your aces can run into aces. And lose. Aces on their own are just the best pair. Post-flop, anything can happen.

101ABN

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the trickiest part of playing As post flop is running into 2p. That isn't always obvious.

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All you really got is top pair on the board unless you flop an ace. And with turns and rivers, if you don't improve, that's all you got.

I try to get it all in preflop, then there's no regret.

If the board is wet and villain's fighting back at you even though you have displayed strength, fold it.

Now when villains call you all in preflop with garbage like K6 or T7 and beats you, then you have reason to be angry.

(That crap happens to me all the time)

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Always depends on the situation. If you're limping in with AA you should be able to find a fold almost always on an All range board to the river. IF you're betting enough preflop to be Heads up Post Flop , Unless its blatant I don't see a Fold. It's always the situation , Always hear constantly people are getting cracked but the first is "well I had aces and I just called" . Online However I've Folded Aces way more times then I ever would in Live games

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
this rarely happens to me the most of the time I put all-in preflop.

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi!almost every day my rockets move, I will not say that I am disappointed, just the usual cards and do not get upset)!good luck!

C

chronical

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
are you sure u are not limping them in a freeroll? :D

ashtonhilton

ashtonhilton

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
lol,got same problem,its so hard to fold AA,even when you see that you better do this to save your $...

P

Pete Ski

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How do you fold AA without becoming exploitable? There are just some boards that favor you opponent more than you. I become very cautious when facing multiple opponents

neiroob

neiroob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They are very difficult to put down and it’s hard to believe that you have already lost with them, but sometimes I fold when I see that for me there are very bad cards on the table.

J

James24543

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have never been able to reset AA, even realizing that I am no longer in charge, how often did you drop AA

If you are referencing pocket AA when with a proper raise you should majority of the time win the hand.

If you are talking about one A in hand and one A on the board then that is a different story.

AlexBlefer

AlexBlefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i drop AA every day or... muck :D and : never play all in preflop with AA in tournaments;)

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's hard for me to fold AA on all the streets, so I play aggressively on preflop. The main essence of the game with pocket AA cards is that the fewer opponents remain in the game, the greater the probability of winning.

Brandlad

Brandlad

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You are talking about droping A A. Yesterday, I saw 2 times when 2 players had A A and splited the pot and 3 times when A A got cracked by mediocre hands.

The thumb of rule- No allins in paid tourney except in freerolls.

I

IgorBochkarev

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You are talking about droping A A. Yesterday, I saw 2 times when 2 players had A A and splited the pot and 3 times when A A got cracked by mediocre hands.

The thumb of rule- No allins in paid tourney except in freerolls.
If your stack is smaller than the opponent, he will do anything, and you will have AA on the pre-flop, is there a chance that you will drop AA?))

I

IgorBochkarev

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my opinion - AA pocket is terrible, but I will never fold this hand on the pre-flop, I just can’t, unless it’s not a big tournament and I have a little bit of time to reach the prize zone)))

A

angelamsmith05

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Even when you bet AA properly it still may get beat. Slow playing or betting aggressively they do get beat. Unfortunately its poker.

lsbenn

lsbenn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play AA aggressive and eliminate possible limpers. AA plays better heads up.