Loose vs Tight

S

stil370

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What are your experiences? I generally play low stakes and feel most comfortaable playing tight. Although I dont keep records of my results. I feel as if though my results have been much better when playing tight. Just wondering if most people feel this way?

weezy1312

weezy1312

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TN
Chips
against tight players i like to play a little loose and throwing more than usual bluffs since theyre easy to fold , but agaisnt looser players i play very tight , i wait for the good hand and play very agressive no need to slowplay since they call with almost any pair ^^ but still it always depends on the table and many other factors.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
General advice is to try to play contrary to the most players on the table. If most of them are tight - play more loose with some bluffs. If they are loose try to play tighter. Also generally if you are beginner it is good to play tight in the beginning as strong hands are easier to play. When you learn to get the maximum from your strong hands you can add weaker hands also to your arsenal and become more loose.

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
General advice is to try to play contrary to the most players on the table. If most of them are tight - play more loose with some bluffs. If they are loose try to play tighter. Also generally if you are beginner it is good to play tight in the beginning as strong hands are easier to play. When you learn to get the maximum from your strong hands you can add weaker hands also to your arsenal and become more loose.

nothing to add!!!

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I play only in tournaments worth up to $ 3.
I usually prefer regular slow tournaments such as "Big" on pokerstars.
I haveve been playing poker for 8 years, and no doubt that every year my game is improving.

B

bstest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tight is much better that loose if you're not confident in you post flop game. If you look at the possibilities of you cards instead of just seeing if they're premium or not, you might hit some unexpected hands and rake in some large amount of chips. Play em both, but loose from good position.

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it depends a lot on the game, not always the low bet is a criterion of playing with fear and I have seen many high stakes that were bluff and the player lost everything.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I play poker for only 6 months, so I usually play only in freerolls. Freerolls from our community is a great opportunity to get a good experience for free. In addition, playing freerolls, I always have a chance to win some money.

Perceval

Perceval

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play very often tight, especially when the blinds are low: it makes me seem a very tight player and when the blinds become important, I play more loose. It is true that I was able to observe the players and that we are less because the format of the table (in MTT, I play less tight ^^)
For information, I play very often sit and go 1 table (game time: +/- 45 minutes)

Anton Fedorov

Anton Fedorov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes a loose style brings more than a tight style; however, at a distance tight is the best solution. I noticed many times that fold once again saves the stack, and too loose a game incurs losses

NHequalsFU

NHequalsFU

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What are your experiences? I generally play low stakes and feel most comfortaable playing tight. Although I dont keep records of my results. I feel as if though my results have been much better when playing tight. Just wondering if most people feel this way?

Never be welded to one style or the other.

You should change gears depending on opponents and position.

If you are playing at a tight table you can widen your open range just don't go crazy after the flop because if tight players are hanging around they usually have it. If you are at a loose table then narrow your open range and then go to value town post flop.

Table dynamics are a crucial factor in decision making.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I dont like playing loose players , except it is fun seeing 5 tight players taking their turns relieving loose player of their funds. I hope to have a good hand and for the loose player to be around long enough to be of assistance in reducing the loose players burden of carrying chips around.