Looking to play online seriously/ part time.

TPC

TPC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello all,

I'm looking to get back into online poker seriously again. The idea is to constantly grind cash games with a few MTT's and SnG's thrown in the mix a few hours a day. I've been out of the game for many years and wanted advice on what the best HUD is. I don't want any free BS, I want to know what the best HUD is regardless of price, also any other beneficial software I should consider. I'm currently only playing on ACR and currently have a Mac computer, but I will eventually buy a PC just to play poker on. I've noticed most poker related software runs better on PC's. Also, back in the day I had a small program that was a hand range calculator, if anyone can recommend a good one of those, that would be great!

Thanks for all your help!
TPC

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe try a subscription at somewhere like DeucesCracked and get Poker tracker 4 (or Holdem Manager 2). Both good places to start.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Look who comes crawling back!

PT4/HM2 (owned by the same company now)
Bovada Card Catcher if you want to play Bovada with a HUD
PokerStove is I believe what you are referencing with the range calculator and it's now Open Source but is still available here https://github.com/andrewprock/pokerstove

TPC

TPC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe try a subscription at somewhere like DeucesCracked and get Poker tracker 4 (or Holdem Manager 2). Both good places to start.

Awesome! Thanks for the reply!

Look who comes crawling back!

PT4/HM2 (owned by the same company now)
Bovada Card Catcher if you want to play Bovada with a HUD
PokerStove is I believe what you are referencing with the range calculator and it's now Open Source but is still available here https://github.com/andrewprock/pokerstove

Hahahaha! The only reason I left was due to Black Friday! I honestly thought PS was legal in the US again which is why I came back! I saw an ad on the internet, I was pissed when I found out it was only NJ!

Which do you prefer? PT4 or HM2? Or does it matter since it's the same company? Would one work better than the other with ACR on a Mac?

I'm looking at investing some decent money in a new computer, a PC (runs poker stuff better, but I've converted to Apple. So the PC will be for poker only.) and a couple of monitors. I'm just trying to get my feet wet. I downloaded PT4 free trial a few weeks ago and I couldn't get the HUD to pop up on the correct seats, and then when I tried to fix it I was locked out due to it being the free version. Maybe I will try HM for the my Mac and then figure out which one I want to run when I get my poker computer set up the way I want. Does HM2 offer a free trial?

Side note... How the heck have you been? How's the family? I've missed you and the core group we had back then!!!

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been good. Family has expanded by 1 (another boy last August). I missed your return until today. I don't branch out into new threads much anymore. Congrats on getting married btw. Happy for you.

I don't really play any more so I'm a terrible person to ask. I don't even have an ACR account. I'm sure there are several people around who can help sort the HUD out.

TPC

TPC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congrats on the newest addition!!! That's awesome! I'm happy for you!!!

Thank you, I couldn't be happier!!!

Well, hopefully PS will become legal in every state and then you can start playing again.

I think I can figure out PT4 once I get the full version. I will probably wait to get it until I get a PC, so I only have to set everything up once. I'm just creating a list and figuring out if I want to go all out and purchase everything upfront or slowly build a roll and withdrawal funds at certain benchmarks to then reinvest that into poker related things.

Anyone else have any tips?