Looking for like-minded people to study tournament poker with.

RicochetGray

RicochetGray

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
I'm looking for people to study with so everyone involved can chat and discuss poker related topics. I have 80k+ hands on PT4 and also a subscription to GTO Wizard.

I specialize in Hypers and Turbo tournaments.

I also use CheckDecide to go through hands in tournaments I have played.

I play low/micro stakes myself and I don't mind your skill level, but people with a few years experience would be much more helpful in my eyes.

Below are some of my recent results.....

Tournament Win 2024 01 31 04 31 PMTournament Win 2024 01 28 04 25 PMTournament Win 2024 01 24 11 19 PMRecent results

SpanRmonka

SpanRmonka

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Nice results, and welcome to Cardschat!!

I think for now, as you are new to the forum, get to know the place a bit, maybe post some of your hands in the tournament poker hand analysis section and you will get some great responses for sure. You could also pose some specific questions along with the hands, on areas you may want to study.

Cardschat also has an awesome 30 day poker course.....this is some study you can get o with right now!!

Maybe you will find someone over time to do some studying with, once you get to know us all a bit better!! Good luck

RicochetGray

RicochetGray

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
Nice results, and welcome to Cardschat!!

I think for now, as you are new to the forum, get to know the place a bit, maybe post some of your hands in the tournament poker hand analysis section and you will get some great responses for sure. You could also pose some specific questions along with the hands, on areas you may want to study.

Cardschat also has an awesome 30 day poker course.....this is some study you can get o with right now!!

Maybe you will find someone over time to do some studying with, once you get to know us all a bit better!! Good luck
Thanks for replying to my post. I definitely agree that getting to know the place and people first is a good starting point.

Unfortunately for me, I'm an active learner which basically means that I need to speak and listen to things instead of type and read. I'm trying to work on that though haha.

How have other found that course by the way? Many good nuggets in there?

SpanRmonka

SpanRmonka

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Thanks for replying to my post. I definitely agree that getting to know the place and people first is a good starting point.

Unfortunately for me, I'm an active learner which basically means that I need to speak and listen to things instead of type and read. I'm trying to work on that though haha.

How have other found that course by the way? Many good nuggets in there?
Yeah its great, I often pop back to various parts of it to revisit, when maybe I'm feeling a bit unsure of something. Mostly I found it a great base of poker knowledge, then you can focus on certain areas more if you like, or in more depth.

Loads of great nuggets for sure!!

I found I made notes on things on the course, like highlights, or best bits, so I can revisit too. Maybe that would help with the active learning a little bit!!

There's a video for each section, and a part of the forum for each day to make any comments you may have.....almost like speaking maybe?? :unsure::)

RicochetGray

RicochetGray

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
Yeah its great, I often pop back to various parts of it to revisit, when maybe I'm feeling a bit unsure of something. Mostly I found it a great base of poker knowledge, then you can focus on certain areas more if you like, or in more depth.

Loads of great nuggets for sure!!

I found I made notes on things on the course, like highlights, or best bits, so I can revisit too. Maybe that would help with the active learning a little bit!!

There's a video for each section, and a part of the forum for each day to make any comments you may have.....almost like speaking maybe?? :unsure::)
I've actually just had a little browse through some of the topics. I think I can definitely benefit from a few of them.

Thanks for that link!

I'll 100% be using it.

You may even see me in the chat for specific sections from time to time (y)