Live Poker Game

Lerts

Lerts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys, i have a live poker 7 handed sit n go tourny 2mrrw. The buyin is fairly high and 5 of the 7 players are what i would consider to be tight aggro players where as the other two play more loosely. Kind of nervous because of the buyin but i have won a tourny among them before when the field was about 14-16 players. But now i have access to CC i can get fresh opinions on how to approach such a game so i would just like to hear any quick tips you guys would like to give. Thnx

P

PKRNRS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play tight and aggressive and pick your spots.

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally, I would not play too tight in the scenario you suggested. If it is a small game -20 players I would want to see a lot of flops while it was cheap and try to win small pots early. I'm not saying I would play A/rag but hands like KQ would be in my range, suited connectors also. As the blinds moved up I would tighten up a little bit to my normal game, then when the blinds got big I would loosen back up. In a short game, the blinds move faster. You need to be more aggressive with your range.

Everyone's style is different and you want to take a different line. If you take the same old tired line of playing tight early and loosening up later in a small game, you could find 1 big pot sends you to the rail.

Lerts

Lerts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally, I would not play too tight in the scenario you suggested. If it is a small game -20 players I would want to see a lot of flops while it was cheap and try to win small pots early. I'm not saying I would play A/rag but hands like KQ would be in my range, suited connectors also. As the blinds moved up I would tighten up a little bit to my normal game, then when the blinds got big I would loosen back up. In a short game, the blinds move faster. You need to be more aggressive with your range.

Everyone's style is different and you want to take a different line. If you take the same old tired line of playing tight early and loosening up later in a small game, you could find 1 big pot sends you to the rail.

Just reporting back to share that i came 3rd. I did play to see as much flops as possible when it was cheap. As they got deeper i tightened up a bit, and then basically became card dead for the latter part of the tounament. was short stack when it became 3handed. I widen my range and was playing with mid range suited connectors and pocket 66s+ and was shoving with A9+. Won about two coinflips during this period but was still short stacked. blinds were like 2,500/5000 at this point and my stack was about 19 bb. chip leader was about 100 bb. anyhow my run ended when i was small blind with about 15 bb remaining and i alled in with 86s and got eliminated by A7(Ace high won), now i looked back on it i could have folded and hope for a better hand on the button but honestly had felt like i was fighting a losing battle so i figured 86s was good enough for me at that point. Btw the two loose players who normally dont win in any of our tournys placed 1st and second. Both of them had some sick LUCKY runs throughout the night which propelled them significantly from early. But i enjoyed myself non the less. What im most pleased about is the fact that about 75% of the reads i made on players i was in hands with that went to showdown were accurate, felt like the knowledge was paying off. So again thnx for the advice.

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm glad to hear you did well. You are going to find that sometimes you run dead. The hope is that you accumulated enough chips in small pots that you can survive until a big hand arrives.

When you are playing 7 handed the blinds move a lot faster and you need to stay active. What you are trying to avoid is playing tight, blinding 1/3 of your chips off, getting AK, then losing 1/3 of your chips to a dry board and being crippled. If you stay active and pick up a small pot, losing a moderate pot with hands like AK to a dry board will still leave you up or even rather than crippled.

Xcoder

Xcoder

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would start out a little tight, only play premium hands. Once you have a feel for the table you can loosen up and play it the way you normally would. The main thing is to have fun ;)

Omahahahaha

Omahahahaha

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If it is folded to you on the button open raise a wide range of hands.

Organize a Home Poker Game Top 10 Games