Limping and waiting for a good hole cards in Holdem

M

mange12345

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am a strong believer in limping and seeing the flop, before making a decision on how to play the hand.
However, limping is a give away to what kind of hand one has.
Therefore, Limp a little and play poor cards once in a while to keep the villians off balance.

I am a strong believer in 123 poker. I have read all the books about poker, and realize that the good and dangerous players have read the same books, and play accordingly.

What do you think? Is poker skill, luck or a little of both?

YLeeKaiOT

YLeeKaiOT

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
Both are involved!
The luck is in the way the cards fall, the skill comes in how you play them. Simples!

oakthyago

oakthyago

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
a probabilistic game where will win how knows the villains pattern

SopianaeExtra

SopianaeExtra

between my 2 ears
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
In the long (loooong) run it's a game of skill and courage. But hopping from tournament to tournament you notice more the 'luck' factor.

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First of all, skill in poker is important. About luck: if you are unlucky today, then tomorrow you are lucky

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
In the short term luck can play a significant role but in the long term skill is the key factor.

Luck always runs out eventually...

Skill you can hone and maintain. ;)

~EDiT:- Oh and I'm a big believer in punishing limpers..! 😈

Last edited:
davidjavi31

davidjavi31

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's not good to always limp as you lose a lot of chances to take the chips at showdown, don't be afraid to play your hands hard when necessary.

amartimes

amartimes

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Limping seems risky and always gets punishment from the algorithm :)

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The problem with limping frequently is that stronger players and players with big stacks will exploit you. If you limp a lot it doesn't take long for players to pick up on that weakness and take advantage of it. You need to mix up your pre-flop action.

D

Danieleli

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am a strong believer in limping and seeing the flop, before making a decision on how to play the hand.
However, limping is a give away to what kind of hand one has.
Therefore, Limp a little and play poor cards once in a while to keep the villians off balance.

I am a strong believer in 123 poker. I have read all the books about poker, and realize that the good and dangerous players have read the same books, and play accordingly.

What do you think? Is poker skill, luck or a little of both?
Hi there if you read some books i hardly think that you can be a believer of limping as probably all the books say "dont do that" unless you are in a specific blind war situation or something like that. If you have good cards you dont want other players to have the chance of beating you just by luck hitting a 9 and a 5 on the flop and if you have bad cards you want to make players muck their cards.

Live Dealer Holdem - Texas Holdem Poker Rules