dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Trying to set a trap through a limp with aces is what attracts beginners. However, you should understand that more often than not, you will simply throw several opponents into the hand and face a lot of difficult situations post-flop.If one or more players limped into the pot, then we should play a wide range.

Dobbler1

Dobbler1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
It's funny the way people make assumptions about your motives when you ask questions. I never said I thought a limping strategy might be a good one to adopt, because I don't think it is. Still, I do want to understand if people have more of a strategy than just "I want to see lots of hands".

There's a difference between asking for information and asking for advice.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It's funny the way people make assumptions about your motives when you ask questions. I never said I thought a limping strategy might be a good one to adopt, because I don't think it is. Still, I do want to understand if people have more of a strategy than just "I want to see lots of hands".

There's a difference between asking for information and asking for advice.
There’s a difference between being polite and being rude: when we are polite we are grateful with those who try to help us the best they can. When we are rude we can’t get other people way of thinking, and we start complaining.

P

Panda19977

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just start limping if I see someone playing super aggressive. Otherwise I don’t because the Situationen after limping is often Taff

Dobbler1

Dobbler1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
There’s a difference between being polite and being rude: when we are polite we are grateful with those who try to help us the best they can. When we are rude we can’t get other people way of thinking, and we start complaining.
Sorry if you think I was being rude. My comment wasn't directed specifically at you, nor was it meant to be an accusation. I just mentioned it once already in the thread, when I said "For the record, I'm not trying to understand whatever the strategy is because I'm considering adopting it, so no need to try to convince me. Just trying to understand the thought process involved, and see if there is more advance thinking than "I'd like to see lots of flops"." It's not much fun reading the same irrelevant, even if good intentioned, advice that is already obvious to me. It's not much fun repeating the same thing. I thought it made sense to put it out there starkly to avoid more irrelevant responses. If I was able to edit my original post, I would clarify my intent there, but that's not an option on this forum for some reason.

FWIW, jumping to offence too easily might also be considered rude, but I know that it's an easy thing to do on the internet. I propose we choose not to take these things personally. We don't even know each other, so how could they be personal?

Last edited:
Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Sorry if you think I was being rude. My comment wasn't directed specifically at you, nor was it meant to be an accusation. I just mentioned it once already in the thread, when I said "For the record, I'm not trying to understand whatever the strategy is because I'm considering adopting it, so no need to try to convince me. Just trying to understand the thought process involved, and see if there is more advance thinking than "I'd like to see lots of flops"." It's not much fun reading the same irrelevant, even if good intentioned, advice that is already obvious to me. It's not much fun repeating the same thing. I thought it made sense to put it out there starkly to avoid more irrelevant responses. If I was able to edit my original post, I would clarify my intent there, but that's not an option on this forum for some reason.

FWIW, jumping to offence too easily might also be considered rude, but I know that it's an easy thing to do on the internet. I propose we choose not to take these things personally. We don't even know each other, so how could they be personal?
Thanks for your clarification. I also sorry for I overreacted myself on my reply, and I don’t like to be rude to anyone, though I crossed the limits a little.
I thought your comment wasn’t directly to me, and I misread it, thinking you were being sarcastic over another forum mate. Once again, forgive me for I was wrong.
Have a nice day.

Best regards;