Level of players

A

AE_140615

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm playing micro tournaments, but i have lost many of them with nice cards pre flops, and my opponents with middles cards, so from what buy-in there are another kind of player than micro levels?

C

ccres

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, I'm sure you know that the level of play generally gets better the further you move up. It varies from the site to site (and I'm not sure what site or sites you're concerned with and what you consider to be 'micro') but in my experience (take it for what it's worth) the $5 and above buy-in tournaments start to play much differently than the ultra low (.50 or $1) buy-in tournaments.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm playing micro tournaments, but i have lost many of them with nice cards pre flops, and my opponents with middles cards, so from what buy-in there are another kind of player than micro levels?
All levels will have its bad players.

The higher levels will also have better players than you. If you can't beat the worst players at the micro stakes, why do you think you'll do better in higher stakes?

A

AviCKter

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Its difficult to say.

Post some hand-histories, so we could see if there's any mistakes in your approach.

Moving up the stakes isn't the solution to not doing well in one particular level. In general, the field keeps getting tougher and tougher as you move up the level.

sryulaw

sryulaw

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you need to know how to deal with it, if you go up the buy in it will be worse, their level is high! better create a strategy to play the micros! even if you lose having the better cards, in the long run you win!

M

mr_poker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a problem only on the microlite

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Be patient with the tournaments! Do not wait to play only the big pairs, you can win with any pair if you try.

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
increase the limits - the quality and tactics of the game will change radically

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
In my opinion,I m not ready to play high level-I ve tried,but found that cant use cards successfuly

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
tell u so, in the high limits many gamblers fish detected but they have profit because more lucky and skilles what we, for room the most important indicator how much raked in that limit u rolling

Last edited:
Helvec

Helvec

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Generally in small tournaments you will always take with many fish that pay for anything and play at random.

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sure if you want to try another game, you need to play a bit higher levels. At low limits usually you can find lots of donkeys, who can take easy your chips and money by winning with bad hands and get lucky.

Fisherman_63

Fisherman_63

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need not to climb the limits, but on the contrary lower yourself read the literature on the conduct of bankroll

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you just need to stand in your rut, be patient and carefully study the players who are bluffing, and who is playing realistically, this is the meaning of poker.