• Start date
A

Archie Dos Santos

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi,
Just learning the strategy for the first time but got a little confused. I am referring to the bellow link. It says "Example: You are sitting as player 6 to the left of the dealer button and you have a king of spades and a 7 of spades. In the poker chart below you see K-7 suited (suited = two cards of the same color, i.e. 3 of hearts and 7 of hearts) and you see that this hand can be played in late or middle position. Since you are the 6th player to the left of the dealer button, you are in middle position and can therefore play the hand. "
Player 6 would be in a middle position. According to the chart K7 suited is only playable in a later position. The article says "Since you are the 6th player to the left of the dealer button, you are in middle position and can therefore play the hand. "
Can you someone clarify what is the correct way to play K7 suited cards?
Thanks, Archie.

https://www.bettingexpert.com/poker/guide/texas-holdem-strategy

Maikychan

Maikychan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you're a beginner I recommend playing a K7s on LP in open raise (no limper) or if you raise in only 1 limper. If have 2+ limpers just call and see what happens after that.
Play tight until you improve your post-flop game and gain confidence to add more hands and play loose.

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
that chart and this site is not good to learn poker strategy so I would reccomend you to find information on sites which mostly focus on poker. There are many, just google it. As you are a begginner I would advice you to play K7s only on button. On other positions it could be hard for you to play it. On Cut off or small blind you have to understand many things in poker like being out of position or pot control.

A

Archie Dos Santos

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the tips! There seems to be a lot of information for beginning poker players but I don't know which is good or which is bad. Getting the right poker education is so important for beginning players.