• Thread starter LeroyBrown59912
  • Start date
L

LeroyBrown59912

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have played poker since 1980 and no matter how much experience you have you will still learn that you cannot predict what is going to happen. Before my car accident in 1999 I had total recall aka photo memory . I remembered everything I had ever heard , read , ect ect. So counting cards was super easy. I can still guess pretty well but. My memory is crap now. No matter what odds are. Sometimes you go for it and win or lose. There is no magical formula. But learning to read the table and learning to bluff and see a player bluffing does a lot. But over all it is luck in the end.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is no denial that short-term, poker has a decent amount of luck...but the long-term, it has very little to no luck. The problem is that the "long-term" is longer than most think it is :D

The game of poker has also changed massively over time, so perhaps strategies which worked before don't work as well now and this contributes - not just memory and not just luck ;)

but who knows? Maybe you really are on the bad side of variance and a bit unlucky :confused:

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Get lucky ... that's poker.
Don't give up just because it's lucky.

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Statistical blahhh blahhh blahhhh
If you play a trillion hands it all evens out to the proper odds as calculated.
The luck may be more of when you win not if you win.