Learning Poker

H

helenag

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In your opinion, what is the best way to learn and get good at poker? Like books, videos, practice, etc.

D

Dhendrixon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In your opinion, what is the best way to learn and get good at poker? Like books, videos, practice, etc.

Cards chat has a good class to start with for free. I am also a premium member to poker coaching that has taught me a lot. Jonathon Little has a lot of videos on You Tube you can watch as well.

D

DaMooca

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is a free 30-day course here at CC.

There are also several ways to improve your game. There are several videos on youtube, players transmitting via twitch, books, hand discussions here on the forum, etc ... You

just need to see which one you like the most.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To the above, I can add that practice, analysis of your game in specialized programs and the game of your opponents is the key to success.

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play 70%.

Study 30%.

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great question.

Marking hands you play (either with tracking software or just making a note with the details as you play) is a nice approach to drill down on spots where you're not sure. Then you can post them here in the hand analysis sections and people will be happy to help give feedback.

Here's a link to me and Katie's course if you haven't seen it. We answer any questions people have on it as they progress through the days so please feel free to post if you give it a go.

Good luck!