Learning mixed games

M

Maxl110

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey everyone
NLH is my preferred game but I am looking to get involved with PLO and mixed games. What would be the best route to take? Does anyone have any recommendations?

Chief talking bull

Chief talking bull

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey everyone
NLH is my preferred game but I am looking to get involved with PLO and mixed games. What would be the best route to take? Does anyone have any recommendations?
Growing up playing home games we always played dealer choice. We played every game in the book. Right now they are mixing up the freefolls on ACR to include PLO and PLO8. That's a good way to get familiar with them without investing any money into them. I remember the first time learn about PLO8 at Foxwoods when they first opened. I had no idea what I was doing. I was a costly lesson but once I figured it out I brought to our home game and it became one of our favorites.

M

Maxl110

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Growing up playing home games we always played dealer choice. We played every game in the book. Right now they are mixing up the freefolls on ACR to include PLO and PLO8. That's a good way to get familiar with them without investing any money into them. I remember the first time learn about PLO8 at Foxwoods when they first opened. I had no idea what I was doing. I was a costly lesson but once I figured it out I brought to our home game and it became one of our favorites.

I have seen some of these games running at the micro stakes I’ll play them and try to get familiar. Thanks for the reply

K

karmakoumas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
mixed games

hello, the first step is to understand the rule of each game you will be involved in.
after that you need practice
you can start with play money tournament
But if i can tell you one thing is that the mixed game are very good you can't get bored of it.
i invite you to try
and i m here to reply to you if you need any help.:tee:

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Definitely the best thing to do is just start playing them at micro-stakes and thinking a lot about the strategy. At that point, there are books, articles, videos, and forum discussions to take it further. But I'd for sure start with just getting experience and thinking a lot about them.

jovan123

jovan123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey everyone
Hi max I'm a full time poker player and like you I started with NLH but for the last 5years I have leaned towards mixed games less player traffic but that also could tougher tables...try pokerstars low stakes mixed games and see what you think..but definitely watch some videos or tutorials on all the games to prepare yourself

M

Maxl110

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi max I'm a full time poker player and like you I started with NLH but for the last 5years I have leaned towards mixed games less player traffic but that also could tougher tables...try pokerstars low stakes mixed games and see what you think..but definitely watch some videos or tutorials on all the games to prepare yourself

Hi Jovan, I have been using run it once for training videos and found them to be helpful. I’m just playing small stakes at the moment just need to be patient. Thanks for the advice.

M

Maxl110

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
hello, the first step is to understand the rule of each game you will be involved in.
after that you need practice
you can start with play money tournament
But if i can tell you one thing is that the mixed game are very good you can't get bored of it.
i invite you to try
and i m here to reply to you if you need any help.:tee:

Hello I’ve been playing small stakes tournaments on poker stars and it’s been a lot of fun, I’ll give you a message if I need help thanks!

Top 10 Games