A

aobrien8

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
What are 2 or 3 great books for players who have a solid understanding of poker wanting to improve their game?

K

kientek

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
good question,but google is your friend :)

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Coaching helps

What are 2 or 3 great books for players who have a solid understanding of poker wanting to improve their game?

Thank you for posting.

You should get coaching. The advantage is you get to have your play looked at to fix leaks and understand what concepts your are weak at or are missing. Then you can get books to work on that directly.

Hope this helps

:):)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Books are a little bit outdated, because they are so static. The rage these days are courses, and with the disclaimer, that I have not followed any of these, some of the most well reputated for intermediate players are:

* Upswing lab (Doug Polk and Ryan Fee)
* Daniel Negreanu Master Class
* Phil Ivey Master Class

With any of these you know, you are learning from big proven winners in the game, and that has to be a pretty good starting point.

nera75

nera75

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Books are no longer relevant to watch better videos on YouTube or stream poker.

D

drXalf

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes it would be nice to have some books that can help learning better strategies and stuff. There is so many poker courses online lol btw

L

LuisBoaC

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I disagree that all books are an outdated source for learning poker. I believe we all learn differently and I get the most reward from books. I've read a few - Collin Moshmann's SNG Strategy, Harrington on Holdem, Sklansky's theory of poker and a couple others all helped in the beginning.
I too now consider myself (perhaps) an intermediate player and am taking a little break from playing while I get my head around Jonathan Little's Mastering Small Stakes No-Limit Holdem. The concepts are more complex than I'm used to (hence the break from playing). I don't believe I'd have been ready for this book if I wasn't a couple years into my quest to be a long-term winning player, having read several books and done lots of other research/learning and practice.
I hope you feel this is of help to you.