Learning HUD stats/Comment on me

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Installed DriveHUD and have been learning to figure out how to use the data to make sense at the tables. HM2 always annoyed me and led me to make non-comfort zone decisions so I got rid of it and never looked back. Giving a HUD another try. This thread is to learn what statistics and how they are to be truly used.

Comment on my stats ,and in general what mistakes you think I make at the table.Rudeness OK with me :) Please no freeroll fish looking to increase post count.

No Limit Hold'em 9-max MTTs DriveHUD labels me a "tricky LAG" about 43,000 hands on me.
VPIP: 30.1%
PFR: 14.4%
3-bet%: 7.4%
AF: 2
AGG%: 19.6%
WTSD: 30.9%
W%SD: 48.6%
WWSF: 43%

Last edited:
playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How am I suppose to use WWSF and in conjuction with what other stat?

Dejange

Dejange

CC Delija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Installed DriveHUD and have been learning to figure out how to use the data to make sense at the tables. HM2 always annoyed me and led me to make non-comfort zone decisions so I got rid of it and never looked back. Giving a HUD another try. This thread is to learn what statistics and how they are to be truly used.

Comment on my stats ,and in general what mistakes you think I make at the table.Rudeness OK with me :) Please no freeroll fish looking to increase post count.

No Limit Hold'em 9-max MTTs DriveHUD labels me a "tricky LAG" about 43,000 hands on me.

Another Freeroll Fish looking to increase his Post account :top:

Mods, why you are sleeping :p

VPIP and PFR good, AGG also good - so you are on the way :top:

Curious to learn why you need the other one?

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Hmm, I just can tell you my opinion, I would think, that you are playing too many hands preflop by your stats and that your gap between PFR and VPIP is too big, what would mean for me, that you are too much calling or limping from time to time.

But I guess, there will be also other opinions...
I also would like to hear them....

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips

Sorry, I just got wrong what was written there before!
But it does not help. For me the gap is too wide.
But these are just stats. I dunno where you got them from.
It is always different if it is your sessions stats or your whole life time stats...;)

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmm, I just can tell you my opinion, I would think, that you are playing too many hands preflop by your stats and that your gap between PFR and VPIP is too big, what would mean for me, that you are too much calling or limping from time to time.

But I guess, there will be also other opinions...
I also would like to hear them....

I like to play limp loose (with potential nothing stupid loose like Q5o or similar) and raise tight. Gives the impression to opponents I am loose they do not know where they are in the hand with me. Which I am but when I raise I am usually leveraging position and implied odds potential with dominate hands. I know NLH can be profitably played loose although 30% VPIP might be pushing it. I would never VPIP anywhere near half of that in Omaha.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry, I just got wrong what was written there before!
But it does not help. For me the gap is too wide.
But these are just stats. I dunno where you got them from.
It is always different if it is your sessions stats or your whole life time stats...;)

43K hands sample size filtered for 9 max MTT's. Also to add the chips off the top of your MTT stack are expendable so I love speculative limps.

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips

43K hands sample size filtered for 9 max MTT's. Also to add the chips off the top of your MTT stack are expendable so I love speculative limps.
I am fully ok with you, really.

And about your stats, it is seeable, that you love speculative hands. :p What it also still really ok for me.Well, I have to admit, that I am not playing like you usually. I have more the nitty approach.
But I guess, it is kinda lucrative for you. So everything is alright.

But what I really have to say, if there was a reasonable discussions about stats at CC,
I also really would welcome this.

Last edited:
Chalada12

Chalada12

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Sorry if my answer won t help you very much , i m a freeroll fish also who s trying to increase post number , but i can manage to win a few dollars from it :D . Anyway , i personally don t use DriveHud or any similar program . i play poker without it . i think that s better . i don t like the outcome of a decision not done by me personally . I m very sure that you will find the right answers here in CC . Good luck

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry if my answer won t help you very much , i m a freeroll fish also who s trying to increase post number , but i can manage to win a few dollars from it :D . Anyway , i personally don t use DriveHud or any similar program . i play poker without it . i think that s better . i don t like the outcome of a decision not done by me personally . I m very sure that you will find the right answers here in CC . Good luck

I know what you mean. I made terrible decisions with a HUD and I divorced myself from seeing the quirks of how players play. I really think HUD give an edge especially after 300+ hands accounted for.

S

Streethawk71

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You call too much pre-flop. You have a 50% difference from VPIP and PFR - why are you letting people see the flop so easily?

I also hated the HUD until I realised I need it to help identify player tendencies and therefoire exploitable parts of others' games. This is especially true in MTTs where you might not play with someone for more than an hour or two ever.
With time you can learn to find them yourself, but it's a lot quicker if your software is sitting there waving a flag for you

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You call too much pre-flop. You have a 50% difference from VPIP and PFR - why are you letting people see the flop so easily?

I also hated the HUD until I realised I need it to help identify player tendencies and therefoire exploitable parts of others' games. This is especially true in MTTs where you might not play with someone for more than an hour or two ever.
With time you can learn to find them yourself, but it's a lot quicker if your software is sitting there waving a flag for you

So I do not fold them out of the hand pre ruining my implied odds on flop or get blown off my small pocket pair by a big 3 bet.

Last edited:
S

Streethawk71

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So I do not fold them out of the hand pre ruining my implied odds on flop or get blown off my small pocket pair by a big 3 bet.

I wish I knew enough to give a comprehensive answer! but can only say your thinking is a bit flawed.
When I see someone with a =<50% ratio, I know they're calling too much and not bluffing enough. Your play is likely to be straightforward enough to exploit a profitable proportion of the time on the flop.

You don't have to take my word for it though. google "vpip pfr ratio" and read through the advice of some seasoned pro's. I could just tell you to aim for 60%+ but if you want to know why, you're going to have to study, just like I need to...

5pAce_C0wb0y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am fully ok with you, really.

And about your stats, it is seeable, that you love speculative hands. :p What it also still really ok for me.Well, I have to admit, that I am not playing like you usually. I have more the nitty approach.
But I guess, it is kinda lucrative for you. So everything is alright.

But what I really have to say, if there was a reasonable discussions about stats at CC,
I also really would welcome this.

I'm sure ive got a couple of links to some coaching session replays focusing on hud stats and player profiling using hud stats if your interested in learning more about stats

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Seems quite loose for full ring and as stated above the vpip and prf gap is a bit to wide as well. If someone has a low WTSD and high W$SD they usually have the goods when they bet.If someone has a high WTSD and low W$SD they usually dont.The average WTSD i beleive is around 25%-35% for most players and W$SD 50-60%.When betting Vs them WTSD 20 and below you want to bluff alot Vs and 40+ you want to value bet lots Vs.Your WTSD and W$SD suggest your calling just a little bit to light at times.I don't use any of those stats myself though as i think you can tell the nit's from fish from stats like vpip and prf which dont take such a big sample size to converge and become useful.

Last edited: