Learning Environment in Poker

tipejo767

tipejo767

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is public knowledge that practice is one of the tools to improve in poker, will it be possible to obtain more learning if tournaments are played with professional players than with beginner players?

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that if you are a beginner, then observing the professionals will not give you a complete understanding of what they are doing in a given situation and will raise even more questions. Therefore, it is better to gain experience playing with amateurs and hone your playing skills in different situations.

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It’s best to play lots against players at your stakes or watch them. If you play $1-5 tournaments then it makes no sense watching players playing $100+ tournaments as the plays that work there won’t necessarily work at the micro stakes where players aren’t as skilled and call or bet with anything and never fold preflop. Like everything, the more you practice the better you will become.

papapokera85

papapokera85

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
If you are a beginner, then try the play chips (free) and freerolls. It makes no sense to play paid with more advanced players)

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is public knowledge that practice is one of the tools to improve in poker, will it be possible to obtain more learning if tournaments are played with professional players than with beginner players?

It's not as important who you play with as who you study with

My mantra always way 'Learn from the best, play with the rest'

That way you get to make more money and have more fun in the early parts of your poker journey while still learning the highest quality plays.

If you start by playing against super sharks who always put you into tough spots it may take all the fun away, hurt your confidence, and take away some of the enjoyment from the game

that's just what worked for me though, everyone is different of course!

Iron Poker - Titan Poker Deutsch