Learning from a better player using pokertracker

ZaneAA

ZaneAA

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So last night I decided to find a really good player (compared to me) that plays .05/.10NL 6max Cash game in order for me to get a realistic view of the differences in play. The first thing I did was go on Pokertableratings.com to get a profile snapshot of my winning player, including myself.

Next, I got on Pokertracker to and started to look at the winning players stats.
I thought what would be the best way to examine this player????

I decided to start by tagging all positions the player would Raise First In
So now I am reviewing all hands I tagged to see the players range in each position on the replayer. I plan on using this model each time as I go down the line from Raised First In - Won Money at Showdown......

So my question to all of you knowledgeable people on Cardschat.......What would you focus on the most while trying to decipher all the details from the winning players stats?

Thanks for helping me out on this.......

Raggamuffin

Raggamuffin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey Zane, Ive just started using PT4 myself so Im interested to see what replies you get!
For me I guess the main things I watch for are their VPIP and PFR (how many hands they get involved in, with what cards and how often they flat call etc) how often they cbet, how often they'll reraise the flop against a known cbetter (shows they are paying attention or has a hud) and how well they play the turn and river (check folds vs check reraises...how often they call bluffs correctly) Whats their agg factor etc Do they always play aggressive or just a certain times. Not sure if any of this is new info or helpful to you, but I hope some of it is anyway :)

ZaneAA

ZaneAA

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks Raggamuuffin.

Your post is very helpful. I am glad that you see the importance in this post as well. I know that the one thing I find hard to understand comes from expert players that use PT4 or holdme manager. Glad you like my question.

C

clarence crumpet

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am new to PT also and its stille a jumble of numbers to me so far.

Poker Tracker 4 Review - Poker Tracker Guide