Learn poker by watching tv

Chalada12

Chalada12

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you want to learn poker by watching tv , there are many shows that do poker games , u can learn a lot from that . Because u can learn a lot from pro players playing against each other, it s good experience to have ( see Somme bad beats, and sometimes luck can heeelp). Good luck to everyone

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I agree with you. There is no doubt that watching such TV shows is beneficial. But apart from that, you should also read good books and improve your skills during the game every day.

Everbane

Everbane

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you want to learn poker by watching tv , there are many shows that do poker games , u can learn a lot from that . Because u can learn a lot from pro players playing against each other, it s good experience to have ( see Somme bad beats, and sometimes luck can heeelp). Good luck to everyone
Poker is a complicated game and you can watch the game on TV but the TV does not teach much. To play poker well you need to play more than one thousand tournaments and only then you will play and understand the game perfectly!

B

bonzai888

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
THE ONLY WAY TO LEARN THE GAME OF POKER, is playing poker, to this day im still learning poker, mistakes, losses , those are learning times,

so much to learn, it never ends
live/online 100% different zone/game

"In the game of Poker, Learning never ends""

Chalada12

Chalada12

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with you. There is no doubt that watching such TV shows is beneficial. But apart from that, you should also read good books and improve your skills during the game every day.
i totally agree with you . Mistakes are human, no one is perfect, you have to make mistakes to learn. With time people get more experienced. ( SOMETIMES YOU WIN , SOMETIMES YOU LEARN)not only in poker but this proverb can help us also in real life .

Chalada12

Chalada12

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is a complicated game and you can watch the game on TV but the TV does not teach much. To play poker well you need to play more than one thousand tournaments and only then you will play and understand the game perfectly!
yes , But poker can not be understated 100%. , because luck plays sometimes a biiig role in It. I m a level 55 in 888poker , if I m facing a level 2 ( we ll consider we only play online and the guy with level have never played before , so I m more experienced than him) WITH ALL THAT AND STILL , winning is not guaranteed for me , because even if I understand the game , and I have played MOORE TOURNAMENTS, 1 Bad beat can make me go in a tilt :((( and then lose everything.

A

ATruRube

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why one thousand tournaments? As long as the variables change, so will the game?

Vodnik2017

Vodnik2017

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
TV is not the best teacher. Video on the Internet can do more good.

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I agree with you

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
yes , But poker can not be understated 100%. , because luck plays sometimes a biiig role in It. I m a level 55 in 888poker , if I m facing a level 2 ( we ll consider we only play online and the guy with level have never played before , so I m more experienced than him) WITH ALL THAT AND STILL , winning is not guaranteed for me , because even if I understand the game , and I have played MOORE TOURNAMENTS, 1 Bad beat can make me go in a tilt :((( and then lose everything.
Bad beats happens to everyone but when we make something wrong in poker we lose to weaker players than us. About TV, Negreanu with 72o 3bets and Phill Hellmuth folds AA, but you don't know why or you think you know, but in most of times people don't know the reazons for moves in a game with pros. So we can see all that weird moves in freerolls and micro limits, full of TV poker students.

Chalada12

Chalada12

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bad beats happens to everyone but when we make something wrong in poker we lose to weaker players than us. About TV, Negreanu with 72o 3bets and Phill Hellmuth folds AA, but you don't know why or you think you know, but in most of times people don't know the reazons for moves in a game with pros. So we can see all that weird moves in freerolls and micro limits, full of TV poker students.
losing isn’t always because we did something wrong, ( pursuit of color for example) it depends . Also what u have talked about is professional only sharks can do that . bluffing takes a big role in poker

clubsta

clubsta

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to love watching poker... back when I had a TV.

I definitely agree about reading & studying & playing yourself etc., but if you don't have a game going, there's something about observing the repetition of good plays from good players on TV. It's one thing to cognitively learn, but another to see the repetition live, and observe different styles of in-person play.

Chalada12

Chalada12

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LEARN poker by watching tv

TV is not the best teacher. Video on the Internet can do more good.
yes , but we have to try good things , read from books watch on tv , discuss with people that s so much better from sitting watching video in YouTube

A

Aknight3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only reason i diagree with learning poker fron tv is that they dont shiw the entire game...they will cut out dozens of hands when nothing exciting or good happens ...it ends up showing new players that ppl get nuts every other hand ya know

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is not a good idea to learn how to play poker by watching videos on YouTube, they are fanciful games, and they only show the best moves of some players. It is best to watch poker tutorial videos dictated by a professional.

T

thackro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree, Pokers shows are a good way to learn but it is an incomplete education. There are only so many and eventually, you just have to take the plunge.