The League - High School

vmsizo

vmsizo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is anyone playing this league? What strategy do you take in this tournament? It's a turbo tournament. It is very difficult to wait for prizes. Comment on it somehow. What is the best way to play this freeroll?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170719-040148_1.jpg
    Screenshot_20170719-040148_1.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 67
R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Play tight passive coward to begin with, freerolls are filled with LAGers who will bet into you.

Play tight aggressive as game hits half way or near to it, it's more likely that 'pure lag' players have been killed off by now or at least are sane enough to fold to your bets as long as they appreciate that you aren't as loose as they are.

As it hits the ending combine LAG and TAG, do not call or even think of checking UNLESS the people after you are not easy to bluff and would only fold if they truly had nothing close to a draw.

Dmytro Lysyuk

Dmytro Lysyuk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that in this tournament you have to play tightly, but this will not always help, since the turbo tournaments are different from the usual and therefore often have to make complex decisions. Good luck plays a big role in turbo tournaments.

tilan501

tilan501

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm playing, it's a tournament that must play tight agressive when it starts.
Than you change to agressive in middle game.
Tight again in the end.
This is my way of playing.

Entrik

Entrik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congratulations!:)

I'm playing in this league :)

wilpinsi

wilpinsi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I already stayed in 5 in this league when I still had not changed, I won 250 dollars,
I do not have much time to play because my work demands that I travel a lot, for this league you should play calmly, knowing that not always an AA is a good hand, crazy things happen in this league so all care is little, when you get up your Stack yes must attack the opponents, but always keeping the focus on reaching the ITM, to score some points.
Congratulations on your result so far:):)

vmsizo

vmsizo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm already definitely passing into the next league. (Uneversity) Now I want to enter the top 300 players this month to get the minimum payout. For this, I still need about 60-70 points. But I'm running out of games.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170725-184739.jpg
    Screenshot_20170725-184739.jpg
    262.5 KB · Views: 48
C

C3H6S

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes...play pasive in a first step in a tournament and agresive in a middle tournament...u need a increase your stack in the first step

S

Supmargy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm already definitely passing into the next league. (Uneversity) Now I want to enter the top 300 players this month to get the minimum payout. For this, I still need about 60-70 points. But I'm running out of games.
Hi vmsizo!
How much money have you made playing them? Im 150th in elementary and will promote to high school but its such a grind and i dont know if i wanna spend that much time grinding those tourneys. Ill have less time nexts months.

Did you make any relevant money just earning from finishes?

Good luck getting top 300!!
Kind regards

vmsizo

vmsizo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi vmsizo!
How much money have you made playing them? Im 150th in elementary and will promote to high school but its such a grind and i dont know if i wanna spend that much time grinding those tourneys. Ill have less time nexts months.

Did you make any relevant money just earning from finishes?

Good luck getting top 300!!
Kind regards

Hey. I have not won any money in the league yet. This month will be the first time. I hope I get a minimum prize of $ 5 at the end of this month.

darthdimsky

darthdimsky

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
  • Tight Aggressive is definitely the way to go.
  • Plus the confidence to play premium hands with aggression against LAGs. Observing their betting patterns to know when you're beat or bluffing.
  • Don't lose chips in the early stages with multi way pots.
  • In the early stages. Be prepared to fold premium hands on the flop. JJ/QQ with a A or K on board. Don't over value these hands.
  • Early stages, don't chase flush draws and straight draws beyond the pot odds offered. For me I'll see a turn and fold if the odds aren't stacked in my favour.
  • Patience. Even if you drop down to 700 chips, down from the 1500, you just need one or two good hands to double and quadruple up. Once I even finished ITM after going down to 200 chips.
  • Never give up. Even the smallest chip stack can make huge waves with a really good run of cards. Remember, a chip and a chair.

S

Supmargy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wait you never finished itm and got to highschool? Im talking about the 20 dollarfreeroll. Never got in the money either?

vmsizo

vmsizo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
  • Tight Aggressive is definitely the way to go.
  • Plus the confidence to play premium hands with aggression against LAGs. Observing their betting patterns to know when you're beat or bluffing.
  • Don't lose chips in the early stages with multi way pots.
  • In the early stages. Be prepared to fold premium hands on the flop. JJ/QQ with a A or K on board. Don't over value these hands.
  • Early stages, don't chase flush draws and straight draws beyond the pot odds offered. For me I'll see a turn and fold if the odds aren't stacked in my favour.
  • Patience. Even if you drop down to 700 chips, down from the 1500, you just need one or two good hands to double and quadruple up. Once I even finished ITM after going down to 200 chips.
  • Never give up. Even the smallest chip stack can make huge waves with a really good run of cards. Remember, a chip and a chair.

Many thanks for the advice. This is very useful information

darthdimsky

darthdimsky

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wait you never finished itm and got to highschool? Im talking about the 20 dollarfreeroll. Never got in the money either?

Yep, it's possible in elementary. You just need to finish in the top 15%. Remember, you have really large fields in elementary. Min 5.5K to 10K players. So that is finishing in the top 825 - 1.5K players for league points when payments are locked to top 99 only. Just finishing at 200 in a 10K field will net you 70.71 points, which is comparable to a 12th in a 600 player field.

taurusix

taurusix

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What is the field of players in High School? Is it much different from the lower leagues in terms of loose, any two pushers?

darthdimsky

darthdimsky

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You don't have many ppl who jam with ATC. While you have limpers and loose players galore. Because the player fields are small by comparison you do much better in HS. Overall the higher you go the better because consistently good players make the top of the leaderboards and get promoted.

In Uni the quality improves but you still find bad plays like calling a 2 player all-in with Q9s+

S

Supmargy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yep, it's possible in elementary. You just need to finish in the top 15%. Remember, you have really large fields in elementary. Min 5.5K to 10K players. So that is finishing in the top 825 - 1.5K players for league points when payments are locked to top 99 only. Just finishing at 200 in a 10K field will net you 70.71 points, which is comparable to a 12th in a 600 player field.
Yeah but I was talking about high school earnings. Cardschat daily seems like a better bankroll boost than high school.

F

fernandoprrt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am playing High School and got one semi final table.
I have many tourneys left to play, glgl.

Edit: how much High School tourneys can you play?

darthdimsky

darthdimsky

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah but I was talking about high school earnings. Cardschat daily seems like a better bankroll boost than high school.

True, but for those of us, me included, who aren't there in the CC freeroll the league is a good way to earn free $. I haven't played the CC freerolls but the Master's league cash prizes make it worth grinding my way up there I believe.

I am playing High School and got one semi final table.
I have many tourneys left to play, glgl.

Edit: how much High School tourneys can you play?

52 is the limit. But remember that you have to hit the limit by the end of the month. When I played elementary 2 months back i made the mistake of only playing 42/52. I could've improved on my ranking then.

A

Aglarion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
True, but for those of us, me included, who aren't there in the CC freeroll the league is a good way to earn free $. I haven't played the CC freerolls but the Master's league cash prizes make it worth grinding my way up there I believe.

52 is the limit. But remember that you have to hit the limit by the end of the month. When I played elementary 2 months back i made the mistake of only playing 42/52. I could've improved on my ranking then.
52 is the limit but i believe only your 15 best tournaments out of those 52 will grant you points, at least that's how it works in elementary which i started playing this month. Currently trying to improve my score a little since i'm almost in the top 500.

taurusix

taurusix

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
52 is the limit but i believe only your 15 best tournaments out of those 52 will grant you points, at least that's how it works in elementary which i started playing this month. Currently trying to improve my score a little since i'm almost in the top 500.
Definitely, you should play the limit to the fullest, if possible. Who knows, may be you can make it to the final table right in the 52nd tourney [emoji5] Anyway, no points will be deducted and a player can only increase his points.

Royal_074

Royal_074

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm in this league)) yesterday I was the 3d at the end of the tournament

darthdimsky

darthdimsky

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely, you should play the limit to the fullest, if possible. Who knows, may be you can make it to the final table right in the 52nd tourney [emoji5] Anyway, no points will be deducted and a player can only increase his points.

+1 Yep agree. Even with 15 tournaments with points going the full distance is better because you can displace a really low score and improve. Your example actually happened. The 2nd place in the Uni league got there from a 1st place in his 51st game. The 1st place got there from 6 cashes in the last 9 games. Those rallies gave them 100s of extra $$$.

Gratz on the really impressive 3rd place Royal_074!

Last edited:
Alucard

Alucard

Santoryu
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
+1 Yep agree. Even with 15 tournaments with points going the full distance is better because you can displace a really low score and improve.

Gratz on the really impressive 3rd place Royal_074! It's not easy going through thousands of players. :)

I don't understand why you aren't in the freeroll club. Making the money isn't that hard and you are a good player. Join this moment! But I'd prefer not to face you in a pot :D

I need around 100 points at high school not to get relegated this month. Will try my best

darthdimsky

darthdimsky

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't understand why you aren't in the freeroll club. Making the money isn't that hard and you are a good player. Join this moment! But I'd prefer not to face you in a pot :D

I need around 100 points at high school not to get relegated this month. Will try my best

Hahaha! You're actually my kryptonite. Everytime I'm in the same table you are I donk out with a silly hand.

I applied for CC league this month but the admins/mods seem to have quite a huge workload because it's not reviewed yet.