Late phase of tourney

78mariusz

78mariusz

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What's your strategy in late phase of tourney, let's say near the final table?

It's a moment when you need think about number of players at the final table compare to your current stack.

There is easy time to lose all chips but aggressive and smart play can make you the chip leader or have a big stack on the final table and easier way to heads-up.

How do you usually play on late phase ?

tony2521

tony2521

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
Many factors really depend, mainly stack. The aggressive game in the late stage is good because many do not risk to endure to reach better charges, but for this you should know when to do so that the tournament does not cost you.

christovam

christovam

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
From what I see in tournaments I attend, the tendency is that those with more chips tend to put more pressure on the short stacks. Therefore, the recommended thing is to be aggressive in the hands you play, but putting in practice your range. Wait for hands that have odds to sell if the biggest stacks at the table put pressure on them.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
The later stages of MTT are the most important. Only the strongest players remain here, the stacks are evened out, and the psychological pressure on the players increases. It is these rare instances of hitting the big prizes that determine the success or failure of a month, half a year, or even a year of a tournament player's work. In the most extreme cases, life-changing money can be at stake. This is the ultimate test of a player's tournament skills. Here, among other things, you need to know how the strategy changes as the prizes increase. It's what tournament players live for, an unparalleled adrenaline rush and a huge cash prize at stake.The worst case for our image is if we open a few raises and fold to reraise. In this case, our raises are no longer respected, which is very bad for us in the game in the late phase. In this situation, we will have to wait for very strong hands and play fairly tight.

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The handling of Here is very troublesome, such as the fact that face cards rarely come around.

Bazil777

Bazil777

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi there,

Thanks for your question. When it comes to the late phase of a tournament, my strategy is focused on making strong decisions based on my position, stack size, and the behavior of other players at the table.

If I have a large stack, I like to use it to my advantage and put pressure on the other players by making aggressive plays, like raising and re-raising. This can help me gain more chips and solidify my position as a chip leader going into the final table.

On the other hand, if I have a smaller stack, I tend to play a more cautious game and wait for good opportunities to go all-in or make big bets. I also pay close attention to the other players at the table, looking for any signs of weakness or aggression that I can use to my advantage.

Overall, my approach to the late phase of a tournament is to stay focused, patient, and strategic in my decision-making. I try to strike a balance between being aggressive when it makes sense and playing more conservatively when necessary. What about you? What's your strategy for the late phase of a tournament?