***Late October MTT Thread***

arahel_jazz

arahel_jazz

Unbalanced and Committed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why do you say that? I would have only played it differently if I had a different read on somebody that indicated I should play it differently.

I think you would have been more aggressive on the flop and gone all-in. Would that have stopped him from calling? Probably not.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nahh - I would have never gone all in pre-flop online or live. It was not late in the tournament - just over a couple hours into it. That would have been a bit too large of a raise lol.

I think my raise was about 4.5xbb - he should have folded with K9os pre-flop. And post flop when he only had a gut shot straight draw my raise of over 2/3 of the pot should have been a fold for him as well.

natsgrampy

natsgrampy

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
You were just clearly unlucky. In my opinion, he had no business being in that hand right from the beginning. I think about other peoples play by wondering what I would do with those cards.
Must say that there is no rush like the first live tourney you play in. Except the rush when you know you have the nutz and someone keeps calling your raises.
Keep pushing for the wsop next summer, with any luck, I will be there too!

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Debi, when you get back PS is running some new tournaments. See my post in the Poker Rooms forum for a description. These games sounded right up your alley.

O

only_bridge

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dont know if my games count as MTT's, but I think so.
My goal: get up to 100% ROI and 100$/day.
Get better at 6-tabling, and try to squeeze in more games each day.
Maybe take a stab at 10+1$ tourneys, but that one is a little scary.