57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I play both styles, but I should start to play a little bit tighter now and then.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey everyone.I am finding it hard to get a definitive answer. Can anyone please tell me which style of play you prefer..... LOOSE AGGRESSIVE(LAG)or TIGHT AGGRESSIVE (TAG)? Please explain your answer.��

I would say TAG. I want to be able to make smart decisions and give the vibe that I'm playing premium cards, and then spring a bluff or two. If you just play every hand, you're basically playing bingo and praying you hit everything or just bluff everything which doesn't work in the long run.

E

eutot

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
TAG is easier to spot by the villain. LAG requires more skills and more attention and onfo about other players. Depending on the situation, any of these can win. Later stages of a tournament? I say TAG. Cash or early stage? LAG. Multi-table play? TAG.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A skillful combination of these styles in the game, depending on the stages and knowledge of opponents, can play an excellent service on the way to victory and the final[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
TAG just suits my natural way of playing. I like to sit back and wait for bigger hands or spring sets onto people. It can get boring doing a lot of folding but it suits my style better

YungWan

YungWan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From my little experience playing for real money, I have to admit I'm a TAG player and I know it's not a good thing. The best thing is to adjust to the table. :D

K

karlus185

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
play tight and agressive I think it's better you oberter more result, even more when you have more information from your villains

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In standard tournaments and cash games I try to stick to a tight-aggressive style. In turbo and hyper-turbo tournaments, I prefer the loose-aggressive strategy.

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Super LAG is SO freaking fun to play. Not very profitable, but fun.

tw082

tw082

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like using an inverse nen shadow clone jistu style. couple that with a psycho 100 sayan god, all-for-one, gundum style and i'm good to go stacking chips.
It's a bit rough at first, but once your in the rhythm, it's fun.
Best answer ever!:adore:

tw082

tw082

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always thought this was term for a bad player this might work against bad players at higher stakes but that's hard to find. I play micro tourney's and the people i see play this way have chip graph's all over the place meaning they get a big stack but loose it just as fast.Micro players will call you with any two so hard to do there and good players at higher stakes will exploit it. I play this way when on a good run but once i build up a good stack and cards cool down i go tag or even nit. The aggressive players i see who do well are the ones making constant small bets and getting out without losing too much stack when they feel they are beaten.My post flop reads are not good enough to master this yet so i take chances early try n build fat stack and then protect it. I hear people saying play tight early but i don't want to invest time and then take chances and if i go out don't want to renter because chip leader is so far ahead. If i take chances early and go out i can reenter without being miles behind leader. That's been my reasoning but i'm kinda new to poker and have just built my own style because most advice i hear sounds like a guide book on how to be a fish.

Last edited:
RVTR7777

RVTR7777

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Aggressive TAG, I intend to become a profitable player, is the best way to reach profitability in the future mastering both game styles.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it all depends on the field and the players. It needs to be adjusted, this will bring profit!

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
The style you play is situational. Sometimes you will be TAG and at other times playing LAG.
At the start of a tournament I suggest TAG. As you build a stack you can loosen up.
As a rule TAG against LAGs and LAG against TAGs. The problem with playing loose against an LAG becomes evident at showdown their loose hand may be stronger than your loose hand.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
both styles are good
you need to be able to alternate and apply them, depending on a number of circumstances and factors such as: what stage in the tournament, what amount of information on opponents, the size of your stack and the level of authority at the table[emoji6]
many beginners have LAG
and quite often this is a reckless game, no more
game of coins and lottery.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, telford777! I use in basically a Loose Aggressive (LAG) Style, because this style allows me adjust under the different opponents, and by possibility use their "leaks", because Everyone has disadvantages, as in the Life, so in the Poker! Main the first find disadvantages opponent(s), otherwise the your opponent(s) can find first your disadvantages...:rolleyes:

S

sheltowee420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Early in a tournament, when the price is cheap, I like to see a lot of flops. Then once I have a good stack, or the blinds get big, I will play really tight. It is not just one method for the whole game. Example: (AK pocket), sometimes I am all-in, trying to build a stack, while other times I will fold the same hand, trying to protect my stack. No easy answers in this game.

I

IanP304

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I tend to adopt a predominantly TAG style especially in the early stages of MTT and STT. Although in the mid/late stages I do loosen up a fair bit depending upon the table, stack sizes, position etc.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer the TAG method because I can't bluff to get other people to fold.