KK vs AA

jadaminato

jadaminato

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A tight player opens in UTG and you have KK on the button. You raise it and he pays. You think there is approximately 50% chance that he has aces and 50% that he has queens (we could leave something like 10% for Jacks or AK, but for practical purposes we will not consider) . In the flop are all low cards, he goes all-in, you pay and he shows aces, winning the pot. Is there any way to avoid this, or with kings are we doomed to lose everything against a couple of aces?

Y

yoejslattery

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think there is anyway I do any differently.

riverokker

riverokker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yah it's hard to get away from this hand . Most Poker Players Payoff the AA'S . But there is sometimes in Poker Thatyou can lay down KK's here. Like you played 10hrs and are almost at Final Table where the payout is a huge climb then you realize that it took you 10hrs to build your Chips so do you really want to lose slot of chips in one hand. Not Me sometimes you have to lay it down. Good Luck at Tables

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think there is anyway to avoid it unless for some reason you have a feeling your opponent hit a set on the flop. Other than that it is plain unlucky and frustrating.

T

thatgreekdude

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Get KK all in pre-flop. every. single. time.

Aremaz95

Aremaz95

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
KK has the same odds as any other couple against AA just enough to know how to play it well

Deedgee

Deedgee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As you've described the scenario, the only way you could get away is if you put your opponent on a set, referring to the low flop. Under this scenario, you're much more likely to get away than what I think you meant, which is that all of the money got in before the flop. If you're opponent only called your raise, which is what you've described, you're much more likely to put him on a set of low cards.

G

GIB

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At micro limits they often play recklessly, players go all-in not only with small pairs, but also with a variety of connectors. I often went to AA with KK and lost. In this case, we need statistics on the player, then it's easier to make a decision.

ASMautoneJr

ASMautoneJr

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think when that happens, it's because you were not in the day to win!

:reddy::turtle:

P

pokerballsaa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I 95/100 times I pay him off here, 5 times I find the fold. How much is the raise preflop? Is there a chance he is calling with a smaller pocket pair and hit a set on the flop? If I feel this is a possibility then I can fold here for sure. Are you in the money or close to it? Does he dominate you chip wise ? There are a lot of factors that change how I play the hand after the all in but most of the time I'm calling.

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A tight player opens in UTG and you have KK on the button. You raise it and he pays. You think there is approximately 50% chance that he has aces and 50% that he has queens (we could leave something like 10% for Jacks or AK, but for practical purposes we will not consider) . In the flop are all low cards, he goes all-in, you pay and he shows aces, winning the pot. Is there any way to avoid this, or with kings are we doomed to lose everything against a couple of aces?

In my opinion you played the hand well, most players with AA would reraise all the way to all in before the flop anyway.

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes odd play by him. Most players will reraise all in preflop and of course KK calls

Ovuvuevuevue

Ovuvuevuevue

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you know from past hands that he's playing very tight then you might assume he has aces, a set or a straight on the flop. A fold would be very skilled here but against bad players you're pretty much winning their stack all of the time. You need to adjust to whoever you're playing against to make the correct decisions.

guicor30

guicor30

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the recommendation for these cases would be that you have studied the player Villano since if he always comes up with strong cards It would be easy to guess now with a poop you could not throw yourself because he could go out in the river-mouth and thus be able to win So your play was very good now to know this is like a flip Imagine that the cold is 77 against here

R

rudy988

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think there's a way to avoid this , also player with KK should reraise/push in those spots ... At least I am ;)

And decent bankroll helps you survive those plays in long run & lets face it , how often do they have aces vs your kings ...

Gl all

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Anyway, I use this pair almost always. I do not remember the case when I threw it away.

L

Ltech

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When the tilt comes you know you need to get better

Top hand game, very difficult to predict any outcome as it is rare for two players to receive that same hand in the same round.

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is the oldest cooler in the book. The odds of KK running into AA are roughly 1:25 at a full table so it's pretty slim. Kings are simply too strong to fold and 99% of the time you are going broke. The player may do the same shove with 10s, JJ or QQ and you are good on all those streets. Just unfortunate, pick up the pieces and move on

Anton Fedorov

Anton Fedorov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a shame to get into :as4::as4: with :ks4::ks4:, and this is probably the usual coin in which you were caught. But it also happens when you are worse with a hand, beat AA with the same draw. For example, when you caught a set on the middle pair from the flop.

ch1r4q

ch1r4q

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't see any way of dodging this unless you are in late stage of the game after playing for several hours and waiting to cash out. In this case I'd consider folding it.

nera75

nera75

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the likelihood that he has aces is approximately 0.45%, even if there aces are cooler

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
cooler...If you think the scary overcards or nut-hands all the time , play tight and have the hand on the fold button all the time , you won't see FT for sure .
Plus the other players will take adventage of your weaknesses and start barreling and blufffing big time putting you in tough decisions .

I saw a replay of a sunday million FT , one just called a 3bet preflop oop withQQ from MP1 it was ?? , the other had not KK or AA , just A9o on the BU , cr#$ hand , but ip . Low cards flop , he called once , low turn , he called , on the river K scary card the A9 guy shoved pot stack , the QQ guy folded scared , although losing a big part of his stack on a bluff . He was very lucky later . doubled ,tripled his stack ,he managed to go until final 3 , but generally , I see that if you lose such opportunities being afraid of sets or overpairs , you get defeated overally . The others see your weaknesses and take advantage of this . Imho :):):)