psanto

psanto

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I was with a stack of 40 big blinds, at UTG +1. UTG opens a mini raise, I call with KK. Table folds to the button, which raises to 6 big blinds. SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls. I go all in, BT folds, BB calls with 99 and UTG folds. The result was the worst: 9 on the turn and GG for me. Was this good or bad play?

rhoudini

rhoudini

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I prefer to 3-bet right after UTG opens. However, I don't see any mistake in your play, my friend.
Even if you would find AA, I think it is still correct.
It happens. GG and let's go to the next tournament.

C

clotilde

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I was with a stack of 40 big blinds, at UTG +1. UTG opens a mini raise, I call with KK. Table folds to the button, which raises to 6 big blinds. SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls. I go all in, BT folds, BB calls with 99 and UTG folds. The result was the worst: 9 on the turn and GG for me. Was this good or bad play?
I believe that in the long run it is a good move because KK is very strong

azteca6

azteca6

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
Life gives you surprises surprises life gives you as well as a 9 the river and goodbye to the kings usually happens a lot in live electronics and KK is more reliable

dannystanks

dannystanks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
It was a great play. You were able to get 99s to call off 40 bb. I wonder what he thought you had. Good job convincing him/her to call your all in! You win 80 percent here so I’ll take that all day long. Because you loose 20 percent here you have to keep that in mind and when it happens you have to be ok with it. Just keep your cool and move on to the next one!

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I am not sure calling UNG+ vs a UNG raise is the best option to be honest. Kings don't want to play multiway and once you call it opens up for going to the flop with 3 4 or more players. Jamming where you did was smart when it was 3 bet and got back to you. Losing was just bad luck in this spot.

Atararo14

Atararo14

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
It's sure that you had the advantage against 99, KK vs 99 it's 80% vs 20% but if you lose the spot it happens it's poker. Bad beats happen all the time.

Regarding the way to play the spot, I think you have to raise because your objective is to play against a player and to avoid a multi-way spot.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would have raised the UTG min raise back, because in this case the "family pot" tends to form and then KK is no longer such a strong hand. The all-in after the reraise was fine and the 99's win was just bad luck, that's poker ...

gustavofuentes2

gustavofuentes2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it was a good play the other guy just got lucky that his pair hit. That is the life of a poker player. Better luck next time