whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I'd raise of course preflop. And I would be ready to go all-in. There would be hardly situations for me, that I would decide to fold on flop or preflop...
No matter what other cards should I play?

B

boshnasty

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Little extra depth is needed. Can't speculate if you're facing five limps, a 3x from early position, or a 2.5x reraise from the small blind. Best theory, build the pot if it wasn't done to a comfortable size without you preflop, and throw your weight around with your early position (barring number of players, an ace on the flop, or flush/straight heavy boards your cards can't build off of) and decide if you feel good enough about getting the rest in later. Short stacks it's either a must shove preflop, or feigning a suckout through five cards playing bleed bet poker

B

boonvech

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
several times i lose when i play all in with KK at any position but i will all in every preflop.

gabpoker

gabpoker

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As many have said it really depends on the action before you, as well as the opponents that are in the hand. You want to try and win as big as pot as possible but you don;t ant too many opponents in the hand. So usually I would raise unless I was against one or two opponents I knew would be aggressive and view a call (or check) as a weak hand and then attack.

monstr999999

monstr999999

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Go all in ... and pray to God ..)))

:adore:

TrillUziVert

TrillUziVert

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll usually play it lowkey and just check. After the flop, I'll bet low as to keep the table around, as long as I know I'm going to win. Each round raise the bet a little bit. At the river, hit it hard. Just hope you have a 3 of a kind by the end.

jfmcd86

jfmcd86

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i usually check this on the BB, play it slow until you don't see any Aces on the board, but be weary of other connectors (flushes,straights)
Some might flop a set, 3 times ive held KK today and only won 1 hand, kept folding the other 2
so be carefull

3betfish

3betfish

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you're in position preflop, with other people acting behind you. obviously someone's gonna say "depends". the universal thing to do is raise. every once in a while you can fold if you hate winning.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Was the pot raised ?

How many players are in the hand?

Or did it just fold to the SB and he limped ?

dragunovich

dragunovich

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
with action: go all in .. in most cases.. and without action check is the best way .. although many times i have checked with action and it has worked well.

T

titiduru

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What to do whith pocket kings at the big blind? Do I have to raise here?

Man, even Matt Damon went all in from the BB with the cowboys. And he was playing Teddy KGB!

Anjo

Anjo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to increase 3 bb, but depending on the situation I can go all in.
My chances are good and if my opponent has a pair of A's, I'll still have good chances.
It's a good pre-flop hand, so let's take some chips out of our opponents.
Watch out! Many people in this hand can be very dangerous to increase a lot.

Be wise always!

Good luck!

S

SeriousBizzness

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What to do whith pocket kings at the big blind? Do I have to raise here?
i use to raise my butt off every time and go all in if possible. but now it all depends on whats going on. and my stack and chip position. if i am the big stack then im going to make you pay to see them.

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If very deep stacked, just 3 bet. If there's already a 3bet in front, I dont mind shoving cuz you will be OOP post flop.

If small stack, all in.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
BB & KK

As usual it depends. How many active at the table? Betting style of others? bankroll? Early or late in the game? In the money, near the money or need the money to survive? All-in will deter most others. Others with AA, AK, AQ, QQ and even smaller pairs can be game. Best thing for me is my gut feeling based on all these conditions. Hopefully lady luck smiles and the KK pulls it off. Lots of things to consider. No easy answer.

IcyNicy

IcyNicy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As soon as possible you should try to go allin preflop. Otherwise you will have troubles seeing A on the flop

guysensei

guysensei

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
there is no yes or no answer here. It all depends on if there is a raise to you, how much the raise is or isnt, what type of player made the raise, how many people called along with him, what are your table stakes, how is your image at the table. Now 90% of the time you should be raising but there is sometimes much more value in the checked option with these or even the flat of a raise pre.

bighert2

bighert2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Certainly a raise, re-raise or all in are worthy options. The action that has taken place prior to you will guide you. Who am I kidding, "all in" FTW