KK All

M

MER

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you think about KK?
Going straight all in or rather slow play them?
Some say: slow play to get the most out of them to get some "weak hands" involved
but then the flop shows something like 772, AKT or 678suited and all KK strength seems gone.
KK All in looks like a strong hand and the weaker hands will fold (most likely)
but some AK, QQ, JJs and other pairs will call what is assumingly profitable.
What do you guys think? Allin or slow?

Galina

Galina

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
KK

Some say: slow play to get the most out of them to get some "weak hands" involved
but then the flop shows something like 772, AKT or 678suited and all KK strength seems gone.
KK Second hand preflop! You need to play aggressively. But you need to take into account your position and your opponents!

B

bellicoso

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tend to play it slower I suppose, usually waiting for someone else to bet big. However, if I'm short-stacked, I'll go all in with it pre-flop. Kinda have to... :)

M

MER

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Galina: How does an opponent make a difference? You mean: weather they play loose (one will call anyways) or tight (Everyones out)? Or what do you mean?
:D
I mean, you want one to call no matter which position and which kind of players (Except AA :D) right?

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on the table game, stage, stack, position...

M

MER

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Table game- ok, heads up maybe better just call.
Stage: Bubble to ITM or FT with a descent Stack or short stack or big stack: risky.
But why position? Example for that?
I meant my question especially for MTTs

Joco413

Joco413

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on a lot of factors mentioned above.

But generally you want to all in with KK pre-flop when you are short stacked, you are in a 3+ way bet or you have any other information that it is likely to be called.

Otherwise you would better just play for value. You can always go all in after seeing the flop if you don't feel safe enough.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is not a question that can be answered so generally.

If you really want to learn how to play it then ask some very specific situational questions about it,

We need to know if you are playing cash games, sng's or tournaments and what the format of the game is.

We need to know stack sizes, buy-ins, blind levels - any pertinent information. Do you have any reads on players at the table?

Present some specific scenarios and there are plenty of people here who will be glad to assist you.

But nobody can give you a good answer to the question you are asking here because the only answer is:

"It depends."

bakreni

bakreni

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
normal reise end then you see what else you do

ulgromkii

ulgromkii

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
depends on the situation, the stage of the tournament and the position, but if I decided to play a pair of kings, then recently the situation is such that it is better to go to the bank immediately than to collect small hands at the table that will move you later.

Entrik

Entrik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi) I play aggressively with such a hand! Since there may be another player on hand 27 and he may have 2 pairs on the flop, and I have KK, so you need everything whatever you like) at least pick up the stack !!! :)

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it depends on situations but in general I play it the following way.

KK all-in preflop I always leave the point of following the plupard u temp I beat all the hand except an As.a blow if the opponent absolutely wants to play the shot. I force him to put all he has for a flip if he has AK so I'm happy even if I lose the shot on the flop.I like to play aggressive preflop but others will play this hand differently cache.Every different player is better to play your own style trying to improve it.

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is no hard or fast rule to how you play Monster pairs, that said - i always factor in the table dynamics and sometimes my effective chip stack and that of an opponents will determine if i go aggressive or for value.
I also play KK differently sometimes in Knockouts or bounty builder tourneys where i am looking to take a bounty - you always take that risk if you allow opponent(s) to see flops, turns cheaply as there will inevitably be a rogue ace of the flop and many players will play suited aces/ace rag like they think its a royal flush!

just for knowledge - KK V QQ makes kings a 81.69% favourite
KK V AK makes kings a 69.2% favourite

AR AR AR AR

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the mistake you are making is in thinking KK is an all-in or nothing hand. Why can't you throw out 5-10 BBs to see if you get anyone sniffing around a decent raise without risking your entire stack? It's the best of both worlds.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I would be aggressive with it but not put my whole stack in the middle unless push comes to shove. Its one pair and I would rather be cautious than reckless.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Cash game definitely different approach than tournament. Also, depends on table image, position and opponents.