KK against Ace on flop

armoko

armoko

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm struggling a lot if I have KK and on the flop shows up Ace with some other low cards like offsuit.

In most cases I'm against one or two players and losing a lot of chips. What is the best strategy in this case ? Sometimes it's really hard to fold KK on the flop...

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We assume that you have KK.

We assume that A has gone out to a place.

You have to think that's already useless.

korg86

korg86

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't fold kings even after seeing an ace:eek:

Dejange

Dejange

CC Delija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Nice question Aru!
Yeah, really hard folding KK when we see A on the flop, that is why I am playing pocket KK in freerolls and early stages of BI games simply pre-flop all in :p

The same applies when I am deep ITM. Otherwise, you really had to choose carefully the spots to fold KK - depending on the opponent's profile :)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
KK on A high flop is not a 3-street hand, and even less so in a multiway pot. It also does not need a lot of protection, since nobody can make a better 1 pair hand, unless they have it already. So where for instance it often makes sense to bet 99 on A83 to deny equity from random overcards, with KK the best play is often to check back to catch some bluffs or go for light value on later streets. The key is to control the size of the pot and avoid entitlement tilt. You had the second best hand preflop, but now its only a medium strong hand and must be played as such.

armoko

armoko

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah I will try to avoid any big raise now after the flop.

About going all in pre-flop is also good decision I guess than just 3BB raise

D

Dhendrixon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With two callers and being out of position, I would mostly CBet the flop as yoor range would have most of the aces. If I get a caller on a dry board, I would probably give up my hand and not put any more money in the pot. If you have a more dynamic flop with draws and such, then these draws are more to fit into the the other players ranges and I would invest a little more money in my hand, but depends on my opponents reads. Would definitely not put my entire stack in against two others post flop. This hand has maybe two streets of value unimproved

saha2000

saha2000

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Generally speaking, your only option is to play aggressively pre-flop if you have a hard time folding KK on the flop when the ace comes up.

S

suitedsadness

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes this is always a scary spot. If you really think you are weak postflop, you could consider putting going all in more with kings once you are 3-betted. That would be the easiest way to fix any leak.

A

Airles17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
always play by controlling the pot and remember that it’s not a shame to turn off the hand

armoko

armoko

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just played wrong again :mad:

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2020-11-08 um 21.31.00.jpg
    Bildschirmfoto 2020-11-08 um 21.31.00.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 6
eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I like to lose small pots, so I would stay in with small raises and fold to shoves if I was in this position.