KK

amxvulcan

amxvulcan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Late in tournament. 4 from the money. Dealt pocket KK. Big stack goes all in. Call or fold?

T

TpaEnforcement

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would call, even if I have walked into aces. I like to gamble, so I would think to myself ,a good chance to double up. I could possible make it farther in the tourney. I would gamble making cents or $1s, to making $30, $40. Besides I like Kings, they have been very good to me.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
This is a call for me.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I know OP said big stack went all in .. but what is the size of our stack relative to the big stack? Because it makes a difference. Also, how many are behind the big stack? What is our position? Take time to consider all the facts.

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi hi
if you not goin play with KK then what left?
i call

swoopdonk

swoopdonk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I'm low stack I call, if I'm 6th from low stack or better I'm throwing in my cards.

rj_montana

rj_montana

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Would never consider a fold here. This one isn't even close especially because it's the chipleader pushing players around. They can be expected to have the widest range.

roger perkins

roger perkins

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would find it very hard to fold KK. If Im against AA oh well. I want to go ITM with a good stack so yes I think its an easy call.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Late in tournament. 4 from the money. Dealt pocket KK. Big stack goes all in. Call or fold?
he has a wide range and he puts pressure
here i would call[emoji123]

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I think if I was technically (comfortably) in the money by stack size I would likely fold. Why risk the potential cash before the bubble?

If I was low stack I would follow all in and let the chips fall where they may.

Info is a bit lacking here however...stack sizes? Is the big stack villain over betting very hand or is this a one-off all-in etc.?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
* From what position did Villain go all in?
* How many BB did Villain go all in for?
* Was there any action ahead of Villain?
* How many players are left to act after you?
* What is your own stack size?
* What is the stack size(s) of everyone, who have not yet folded?
* What is your position in the tournament?
* Are there ultra short stacks, that are likely to bust in the next few hands?
* What is the payout structure?
* Is a min-cash really important to you for personal reasons?
* Do you have any reads on Villain?

When you have answered all these questions, you can decide, what range you want to give action with. In general there are extremely few scenarios, where KK would not be part of that range. I hope, this help.

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Definitely a call. You could be facing aces but there is a good chance you are facing ace king or queens even. I take the risk and JAM all in !!!

venycyos

venycyos

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just would not pay if it were a satellite, or if I had a stack of more than 80bb.

L

lierm

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
to go all in for big stack is a silly thing, I would call, as the first thought would be, that he only wants to scare you off.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
to go all in for big stack is a silly thing, I would call, as the first thought would be, that he only wants to scare you off.

It depends, what "a big stack" is. If he have 25BB, but everyone else have 15BB or less, then open jamming can make a lot of sense. He put maximum pressure on all those shorter stacks, that dont want to bust before the bubble, and even if he get called and lose, he is still in the tournament.

S

Shooter74

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I call!!! If was a cooler, patience!!! This is part of the game!!

chilindrodolar

chilindrodolar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This clearly shows that in a table full of players you'll probably only those Kings against Aces less than 1 time of each 20. By itself, this is a good recommendation to play them as loud as you can pre-flop; however, there is a way better still to look at those same numbers.

If you're dealt KK pre-flop, you need a reading very clear to dive against a single opponent. Plays those Kings as the best hand and wants what is best to your opponent as many times as you are with aces; you will see a great benefit over time.

xxxSSSxxx

xxxSSSxxx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I made that kind of mistake, called and I was out with KK against A8. I have learned my lesson. Fold if he has more than you, and you expect other players to be out before you. :wavey:

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
I wll Call so fast, BS is trying to steal 90% of the Time! :deal:

P

praevus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Probably he goes all in because he wants that everyone fold.
I just fold if I know something about him or if is a satellite.

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Based on that little bit of indo i say call...
There is basically just 1 hand against which you are in trouble and any other hand is way behind you...
Sure you can get lucked out and miss ITM. But most of the time you will double up and goo really deep in the money. That is probably more profitable than to fold KK in such a great situation just for a min cash.