Berandir

Berandir

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
What's your decision, with kJo hand in deep stack tournament, 9 players, Cut Off position: Do you Fold, Raise Fold or Raise Call?

spunka

spunka

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think I would fold, it is really not that good and difficult to play when oop, if it was suited it would help a bit.

BillyR23

BillyR23

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
In my opinion, if you fold KJo(or other similar hands) from good positions like CO/ Hijack/ BTN(especially in deep stack mtts), you're definitely folding too much... it's not my favorite hand though, so my pick is Raise Fold with a mix of calls from time to time if I have info on the opponent that 3bets...

T

tuskaaa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Generally speaking i would raise fold but it depends on various factors such as stack sizes.

D

daniel888

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will raise fold except when my stack is very deep.

PokerEdge

PokerEdge

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
HU
Chips
I would definitely raise it. I think such hands should be raised in this situation. If they raise it back, it is important how much and from what position. If the dealer reraises, I'd rather fold than the blinds.

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It's a clear open from cut off but probably a fold to a 3bet. I cant believe anyone really just open folds this hand from late position?!

Propane Goat

Propane Goat

Grinder and paint make me the welder I ain't
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Depends a lot on any previous reads on people to my left. In most cases I would try raising unless I knew there were maniacs to the left because I'm still not good at post-flop play and KJo is a hand that is prone to being dominated and easy to get into trouble with.

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is a strong hand when there is no action in front of you, but when facing a 3 bet, it simply doesn’t have enough equity to continue as a profitable call, it would either be a fold or 4 bet bluff. It is a hand i often see people over play, or certainly call 3 bets, even if you hit top pair on the flop, there is a huge chance you are still dominated.

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What's your decision, with kJo hand in deep stack tournament, 9 players, Cut Off position: Do you Fold, Raise Fold or Raise Call?
Raise Fold. It's a good hand to open, but cannot continue against a 3 bet. Very high chance of getting dominated.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
KJo is definitely not an open fold from CO early in an MTT. How I react to a 3-bet depends on the sizing, the position of the 3-bettor and reads / HUD-data. I am more likely to call a SB 3-bet rather than a BTN or BB 3-bet, and of course I am also more likely to call, if I am getting a good price, or if the opponent is very loose and aggressive. If its a large 3-bet from an unknown, then I fold. A hand like KJo is somewhat problematic in a 3-bet pot because of reverse implied odds. Meaning that when you connect with the board, often that just sets you up to pay off a better hand. Like it comes K83, and you end up losing a big pot to AA, 88, AK or KQ.

Atararo14

Atararo14

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
We can open raise KJo even in Lo Jack position, but we must always predict the reactions of opponents in function of their profile.

KJo is not a hand that supports a 3Bet.

Kinalha

Kinalha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If the table all fold for your in this position, is 100% raise at deep tournament, with average stake sometimes you can play calling a raise. But all table folding for cutoff, for me in this situation, you need open.

christovam

christovam

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Sometimes I call and sometimes I fold.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
if you have information about the players, then it will be correct to make any of the decisions depending on what information you have about the players, ideally reraise such a raise hand and if the opponent folds, then it's good if not, you will have to throw it away after the call it will be difficult I think this hand:D