efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Particularly when I get to the final table or some cash game with a strong hand it makes me very nervous and hard to control myself. Maybe because I'm a recreational player and I'm not used to getting to so many moments like that, I play for fun and because I like poker and more if I can get some extra money while I have fun and spend my free time hehehehe..

Share your experiences and tips on how to control of course we are not made of stone we have feelings...

David macdonald

David macdonald

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Particularly when I get to the final table or some cash game with a strong hand it makes me very nervous and hard to control myself. Maybe because I'm a recreational player and I'm not used to getting to so many moments like that, I play for fun and because I like poker and more if I can get some extra money while I have fun and spend my free time hehehehe..

Share your experiences and tips on how to control of course we are not made of stone we have feelings...
What do you mean hard to control yourself? can you be more specific?

A

ACE448

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For myself I don't tend to get nervous. I can naturally keep that side of things in check and actually thrive off the 'pressure'. Think that's more of a natural thing rather than taught, but I suppose you can work on it like anything else. Things I can think of that may help are learning mindfulness/meditation and just putting yourself in that situation as much as possible to become more accustomed to the experience.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's natural to be nervous in your first final tables, it gets easier after you make a few FT's.

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm feeling sadness when I win the 1st place, because it's all over.

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the most reserved and with strong nerves, a person can break down and lose control, this is human nature, the usual manifestation of feelings, the main thing is that this does not happen often:)

TCHUCO2005

TCHUCO2005

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I always get nervous, I doubt anyone won't be,,,, even the big ones are, but we have to learn to control ourselves, until it's all over.

BillyR23

BillyR23

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I'm nervous in some important spots too even after 10+ years of playing the game and I think it's normal to have different emotions while playing* I see it in all the sports I follow too- top players that 'mastered' the game they play are still getting emotional in important moments of an event and some are doing better than others to control it... IMO the important thing is to find out what we can do to make sure this emotions don't affect our overall game and in the end our results and experience at the tables... I also don't think that there's a 'fixed' reply to this issue and it's something each of us has to work on and find the best solution- I've recommended The Mental Game of Poker(1 and 2) by Jared Tendler to many people and I've received positive feedback, so I think reading this books can be a good start for many people...

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Who was it that said that you have to be able to visualize as if you are playing with a bunch of rocks rather than money?

fa1920

fa1920

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe there is some trick to control or forget about the nerves, but I think the only solution is to get used to these situations until you see it as normal or simply accept the situation and let it happen what has to happen. Normally the nerves come because one is afraid of losing or maybe the fear of losing or not being able to get the maximum value out of your opponents. Once you accept it and let it all flow, you forget about it

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
I'm trying to turn off my internal fast forward button and play each hand on it's merit.

wlad20082009

wlad20082009

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Life is made up of emotions! We need to change our attitude towards the game Then emotions will be more under control.