P

poopsii

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
So, Kind of new to poker.

Everytime i have pockets Aces on pokerstars i seem to lose the hand. Any advice on how to play them, I have tried to just all in however everyone folds so no use, and then i raise on the blinds only to be beaten from a 8,9 off suite lol. what am i doing wrong?

Thanks for the advice in advance

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Pocket aces are not as easy to play at times. They are and you love getting all in preflop but once the flop hits its just a pair. A good one but a pair. Dont limp in with them. If you do you will get way to many players in a hand. Once you have more than 3 in the hand they only will win less that 1/2 the time. Its OK to call a raise but I would suggest raising them if you do. Why? you want to be heads up vs one player ideally.

On the flop start to be more careful. I'm not saying you should not be but again be careful. If a player you're against is willing to but 100 or say 150BB as they are raising and re raising, you need to think about and learning to fold more depending on the player you're against. If you started with say 30 or 40BB then its just a cooler spot and there is not much you can do there.

GarotoMaroto

GarotoMaroto

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Sometimes you win sometimes you lose,but aces win like almost every time,so dont worry just try to dont give odds to low hands call,and give odds to strong hands think they winning,bet a good amount with this goal,or just mini raise preflop,3bet,you know,you gonna do fine
God bless

mateuszjason

mateuszjason

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Try not to think about it here and now.

think in the long term. It is definitely not true that online poker is rigged. you are playing with too few hands to say anything dude.

WrongUsername

WrongUsername

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
well the good news u a´re not alone i keep losing every time pre flop as well

ENRIQUE23977

ENRIQUE23977

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
There is a phrase that I never tire of repeating every time I see these situations where we cannot throw cards that are foldable after the preflop. That phrase is "Don't fall in love with a couple of cards"

For example, we have the issue of Aces, that in any flop with a villain who has caught two pairs, the percentage of equity that you had preflop loses great value and can be lost even against 7-2 off.

The odds say so, the problem is that when a batbeat or a cooler happens to us it's painful and you have to learn to assimilate it.

Players who reach that level to fold aces, kings, queens, and other linked hands are disciplined, depending on the players they are up against. I have seen those plays on Youtube video. Negreanu folded two pair on the flop against a Raise Erick Seidel with an Ace on the flop and Negreanu hit two pair J-8s.
Two pairs against Seidel's three of a kind. Seidel was going to skin him if he didn't fold.
Seidel loses with Kings against pocket tens.
Negreanu Folds AKo after 4betting and sees himself 5bet all in. Discipline.

Last edited:
Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
So, Kind of new to poker.

Everytime i have pockets Aces on pokerstars i seem to lose the hand. Any advice on how to play them, I have tried to just all in however everyone folds so no use, and then i raise on the blinds only to be beaten from a 8,9 off suite lol. what am i doing wrong?

Thanks for the advice in advance
Thanks for your question mate. This is a common subject here around the forum and there’s a good thread that observes some aspects of playing AA, or any hand we elect to play preflop. Check it out, please:

Best regards;

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
try to open wider so that cards like 89 can't enter the pot, get rid of them with a bigger bet so that only old cards can play with you and then you will have a better chance of all-in against them, you don't have to go because everyone will understand your hand and throw it off and you won't take chips from your opponents

afecho

afecho

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Unfortunately you are not alone. It’s sure seems like the winning hand but more often than not for me I lose too :(