K5's or K10o

M

Mr_Nuisance

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think this is a pretty loaded question, and depends on a variety of different factors. However, before even considering these factors, I must say that both of these hands are pretty lousy to play unless you are playing against some wild people who you feel have quite a large range. Both of these hands would only really have any playability from late position, and if you get raised or don't hit on the flop, you pretty much have to shut down on the hand. Even if you do hit with either of these hands, even top pair, you have to play carefully with kicker implications and running the risk of someone out flopping you.

Having said all that, I would most likely prefer to play KTo from late position, purely just because unless you get a flush draw or hit on a 5 high board, you most likely do not have a lot of equity in the hand unless your opponent was playing with absolute garbage.

N

nutself

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
These cards are both marginal hands, they would be preferred to be play from late position when you believe there is a decent chance to steal the blinds if no one has yet entered the pot. Throw them away if you encounter any resistance.

darkvick

darkvick

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
in mostly times I would prefer K5s, but in early of tournament I prefer KTo to try steal blinds and avoid to lose for a Axs flush

speper

speper

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
K10o Better, of course, but I don't take too many risks

N

Niykk

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd call with both if it's reasonable, i.e. if bet to stack ratio is small and there are good pot odds.

If I have 10-15 BBs I would go all in with both (if there are just limpers or a small bet)

willjosp

willjosp

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
K10

those types of cards can be played if they take away the big blind and you don't have to raise in most cases I prefer K10 and if it's of the same suit it's better :D

johnnylawford

johnnylawford

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you're not sure when to play specific hands like this you should check out GTO Wizard, it has free to use interactive pre-flop ranges for multiple stack depths:

https://app.gtowizard.com/

You'd be surprised how often K5 suited can be played profitably, especially compared to KT off.

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What do you prefer to play in the early tournament?

If you are in the last positions.....K5's or K10o

LOL You can't be serious, none of the above. Trash hands like those can do a lot of damage to your account especially if you have no clue if you're ahead or behind in a hand.

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All that depends on the situation.
Normally, if it doesn't have a raiser, it's best to limp it.

telespf

telespf

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are in BB an you received a simple raise, you cant complete the pot? Same if this against one opponent?

Or when you say a never play K5s you want say that you cant put raise?

I don’t play k5 ever!

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If you are in BB an you received a simple raise, you cant complete the pot? Same if this against one opponent?

Or when you say a never play K5s you want say that you cant put raise?

I don’t play k5 after a raise even in bb! It is a bad play to me! Lots of players play k rag and ace rag but I don’t because in the long run they are losers!

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
These are both garbage hands & while ATC can be played in the right situations if you are regularly looking for opportunities to get involved in hands pre flop with these "boat" hands you have what we call a leak in your game IMO. A boat, for those of you who didn't grow up fishing or water skiing, is a "hole in the water into which you pour money". They are a lot of fun to play with unless you are the one paying the bills.

C

Clutchdenier

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
KTo is objectively the better hand whilst most people playing GTO would use K5s as a "balancing" or bluff hand depending on circumstance.

In terms of opening these hands- in tournaments you probably SHOULDNT open K5s from EP (early position) very often if ever (maybe 1-3% of the time) whereas K10o in early game, especially deep-stacked could be opened a little more frequently - especially since it could balance your opening range and actually has decent equity and is fairly connected.

That said - in late position in tournaments can be more profitable than just calling - however this question and response can be very different if we are talking about cash games.

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Both hands are in my Button opening range. And both are a fold to 3 bet from Blinds.

Oranaro

Oranaro

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very nice cards to protect the blinds, steal them, or balance your range. They have potential, with having top pair 10 with a nice king kicker, or even get a K . You have a 10 blocker which will give you more equity against a flop with JQ, giving you the opportunity yo bluff. K4s is good too, but you have less hands to play with. very bad kicker, the only potential is a flush with K high. In this case you don't want an A flush. So K4s you want to play it with smaller pots, and fold it oftenly at flop.

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
K5's is an unexpected hand. I choose her.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If one is trying to get a straight, the K10os would be better hand for me.

Lots of times, if I try to steal blinds in late position and have not been in many hands, the table will fold most of the time if I do a min raise with K5s.

N

Niykk

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would fold both K5s and K10o if someone bets more than 2 BBs.
If not, I would call with both and take it from there.

pegasus888

pegasus888

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to play K10 especially suited.

J

jsiatime

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im always lost my chips to k5s. I choose it

Lipki3

Lipki3

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Against a random hand, KTo will have slightly more equity. In heads-up, I would choose this hand. But if there are 3-4 people in the pot, then the K5s hand will look more promising due to the possibility of making a second flush or possibly the nuts.

pljosko

pljosko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Usually none of that, but for me KTo is a slightly better option than K5s.