just getting started....

T

tekshow

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi CC forum folks!

So I've been reading strategies for the last year, watching a ton of how to vids, a ton more of live tourneys like the APT, WPT, wsop, etc, and playing in some home games. I want to make a go of Poker whether it's just a lucrative hobby or turns into something I'm more invested in.

Any tips for starting out? I don't know anything about bank roll management other than the general rule of having 10 or 20 buy ins to back the table you're on.

It's pretty weak action to sit down at the .01/.05 tables in NL and wait, wait, wait. Maybe I just need more patience though?

I was up today, started with $25, turned it into $150ish ... and went to the .5/$1 table and lost... it all! I had ACES, AK, hit the flops, sure hands, but I went on a mega losing streak. It's alright, I understand it happens.

It made me realize I was playing out of my comfort zone, and shouldn't have moved up that fast. I felt like I enjoyed the players more at the higher table. The smaller spots they tend to just shove with nothing, which can also be a good thing.

I feel like I have a decent grasp on betting position, and starting hands. I also understand how many outs I have and implied odds, pot odds, etc... Is there any study guides I should shot for besides Harrington's and Super System?

so tl:dr

how to start out?
bankroll management advice?
Where's the best info for someone looking for more?

Lastly, what are good sites? I've been playing on America's Cardroom since it allows US players.