Just a few minutes at a time.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How about just slowly transfering chunks of your bankroll to me and forget the hassle of playing ring games when you cant commit to a decent session. :p

I have seriously considered this.....

Than I just hit myself in the head with a sledge hammer. Got over it real quick.:(

Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play after work?

Or hop on ring games, play solid, and stay on as long as you can/leave when you must.

My suggestion > start off on really small stakes.. ie. 5 nl.. or 10nl. I've found even only getting to play for 15mins. isn't so bad at all and have often done well in a quick 15min. sessioin. (I also used to play short bursts like this alot quite awhile ago,... sit down on a couple of tables for 15 or 20 mins. & call it quits).

Try the very low ring games, 0.01/0.02 or 0.02/0.05. Those are easy to beat and you don´t risk much. But play abc-poker, no fancy stuff. Cashgames are nice, you can leave and sit down - whenever you want.

Hit and run works fine for me... easier if u have HUD numbers on players so stick to smaller sites (also fishier) where u can collect stats fast...

I still suck at ring but am not bleeding out any more, actually getting better!

G

gopnik885

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
as I see it your work is usually to respond quickly and not for long time, instead of you I would find friend/player that you consider him as a good MTT player as you, and in those kind of situation he/she will step in the game instead of you and after that you will split the profits. or that kind of things are illegal? LOL

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Ring games and rush tend to consume my profits, good luck if you give it a go

Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
as I see it your work is usually to respond quickly and not for long time, instead of you I would find friend/player that you consider him as a good MTT player as you, and in those kind of situation he/she will step in the game instead of you and after that you will split the profits. or that kind of things are illegal? LOL

LOL it is against TOS u will get banned LOL :eek::D

Boston1993

Boston1993

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In, out, in, out, in out, poker.

So, I have a new job, mostly centered around my home, and with no cell phone (yet) will find myself (I think) at home sitting waiting for the phone to ring, at which point I expect to have to jump and run.

This will obviously screw with my 'all tourneys all the time' poker playing routine.

SO! I want to know your observations and thoughts about playing for just a few minutes multiple times a day at the ring games.

I have not traditionally been a ring guy, losing fish probably, but see the need to expand my horizons.........

Basically I am in a similar situation. I'm retired and a widower and my 2 kids live away so I have many things to do around the house and running errands everyday. Since I love to play and have to be careful in that I need to know when to play and when to do errands. Have to be very careful though as I have a tendacy to get involved in the play and let the errands get behind. The good thing about the ring games though is that you can get out at any time. In Sit & Go's if something comes up you must really have to leave the game, it hurts. I've hade to go all in, all in, all in just to get finished so I can handle my personal things. Good luck.

B

Bovinity

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've hade to go all in, all in, all in just to get finished so I can handle my personal things. Good luck.

Don't do that, just get up and blind out!

Last time I played in a FTP Daily Dollar satellite I had to get up and go do something so I just left the screen up and sat out...came back to find out I made 3rd place (Which was basically just a refund of the FTP's, but still!)

salim271

salim271

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have you tried cracking 6max Super Turbos? They literally take 10-15 minutes max, 1st and 2nd pay. The only thing is that they have terrible variance despite horrible play, so BRM needs to be super tight and followed perfectly. But if you're a good player, I think you could turn a profit... I've played them up to the 10 dollar level, no real difference in skill level from the lowest to 10 dollars. 5 dollar level is the softest imo.