Jamming or folding over an open with 10 bb with KQhh

fishfood80

fishfood80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok just wanted to get some opinions on if I played this hand right. Villain is utg+2 with 11 bb's and raises to 2.5 bb's. Hero has 10 bb's and is next to act with KhQh. Villain has been in the mix a lot and has shown a tendency to raise this amount with small to mid pocket pairs and occasionally fold when pressure has been put on. 18 left in a live mtt that pays 7. I don't think flatting is a good option for the hero so narrow it to shove or fold. What do you think heroes best option is. I'll post results after I get some opinions.

jfmcd86

jfmcd86

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
with only 10BBs id think KQs would be a hand you should shove with. Youre short stacked with a playable hand. So why not put in the chips and put some pressure on the villain.

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
with only 10BBs id think KQs would be a hand you should shove with. Youre short stacked with a playable hand. So why not put in the chips and put some pressure on the villain.

+1

I have to agree. With only 10xBB I would definitely be either shoving or folding any hand I choose to play. And KQ suited is not only playable, but actually pretty strong, in my opinion anyway. My only hesitation might be the that with 11xBB your villain should be shoving or folding as well. Which makes me wonder if he's inviting action, or perhaps just wants it to appear that way. But since you say he's been active and been caught posturing in the past, I would go ahead and put him to the test.

maclina

maclina

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok just wanted to get some opinions on if I played this hand right. Villain is utg+2 with 11 bb's and raises to 2.5 bb's. Hero has 10 bb's and is next to act with KhQh. Villain has been in the mix a lot and has shown a tendency to raise this amount with small to mid pocket pairs and occasionally fold when pressure has been put on. 18 left in a live mtt that pays 7. I don't think flatting is a good option for the hero so narrow it to shove or fold. What do you think heroes best option is. I'll post results after I get some opinions.

I do not hesitate. It's a good hand to go for it. Especially with the history of the villain.

NCDaddy

NCDaddy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
10 bbss with a suited marriage.?!?! Couldn't get all my chips in fast enough. Shove and pray

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think you should fold here. You're likely facing a mid pocket pair and probably a few more players left to act behind you, who have bigger stacks. I know KQ looks like a good hand to throw your remaining stack with, but not in this position. You would probably do better with an Ax.

fishfood80

fishfood80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I didn't snap shove but I did end up jamming. It folded to villain who tanked for quite a bit before calling with 99. Flop came Jh9h2s which gave me k high straight flush draw and villain The set. The turn was a 10s completing my straight and the river was another jack giving villain the boat. I went over the hand quite a bit last night after and just wanted the feedback on if it was a +ev jam. I thought I had some good fold equity on the villain but when I went over it thought I could have waited for a better spot. I guess seeing on the amount of tanking he did before he called it wasn't terrible.

NCDaddy

NCDaddy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I didn't snap shove but I did end up jamming. It folded to villain who tanked for quite a bit before calling with 99. Flop came Jh9h2s which gave me k high straight flush draw and villain The set. The turn was a 10s completing my straight and the river was another jack giving villain the boat. I went over the hand quite a bit last night after and just wanted the feedback on if it was a +ev jam. I thought I had some good fold equity on the villain but when I went over it thought I could have waited for a better spot. I guess seeing on the amount of tanking he did before he called it wasn't terrible.

Ok, so run it through if you had flat called. You're both getting stacks in on that flop regardless. So, your best hope was to shove pre and hope he folds and steal some chips. That was a great flop for you and you hit your turn so really....even if you played it just calling....you're getting felted either way. I really don't think you fold preflop there being that low on chips.

fishfood80

fishfood80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok, so run it through if you had flat called. You're both getting stacks in on that flop regardless. So, your best hope was to shove pre and hope he folds and steal some chips. That was a great flop for you and you hit your turn so really....even if you played it just calling....you're getting felted either way. I really don't think you fold preflop there being that low on chips.

Definitely. When I was thinking it over and even at the time I thought flatting was the worst option. I had it narrowed dawn to jam or fold at the time and decided jamming was my best bet if I wanted to try to win the tourney and not just hope to get ITM

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the shove was the proper move considering your opponents tendencies and your chip stack. You really are shove or fold at that point. Just did not work out this time.

D

dark IPA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i have jammed with KcQc on scoop 22$ tournament with nearly 10bb... kicker A(with 3 or so) won the bank, so i think its fully random

Folding in Poker