is it wrong

R

rogg

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
when i do not wish to wait for a hand to be done. i will raise the hand ,knowing, i will loose chips, to force the big hand to go over the top, so everyone folds. if he does not take it down .
it works but is it wrong

U

UberPokerFan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It sounds like you are saying you'll raise any hand from any position. If that's the case, yes, you are wrong. You are giving away chips if you 3 bet with poor hands.

3 betting is a great strategy that people don't do enough but you have to use relatively good hands and your position affects which hands you 3 bet with. And it is never done "knowing i will loose [lose] chips" because over the long run 3 betting will win you more chips than if you did nothing.

franken222

franken222

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when i do not wish to wait for a hand to be done. i will raise the hand ,knowing, i will loose chips, to force the big hand to go over the top, so everyone folds. if he does not take it down .
it works but is it wrong

Are you talking about strategy, or ethics?

Ethically, they are your chips, and you can do whatever you want with them.

Strategically, you are throwing away chips that you might need later.

W

woodeng

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I did not even read the post, but I was always taught if you have to ask 'is it wrong', than chances are great it is wrong . . .

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When all the members folded, it can also be said that it was right.

L

loveisblind

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
3 betting

It sounds like you are saying you'll raise any hand from any position. If that's the case, yes, you are wrong. You are giving away chips if you 3 bet with poor hands.

3 betting is a great strategy that people don't do enough but you have to use relatively good hands and your position affects which hands you 3 bet with. And it is never done "knowing i will loose [lose] chips" because over the long run 3 betting will win you more chips than if you did nothing.[/QUOTE

Going to give this 3 betting method a try for sure, never done it before :) as far as "is it wrong" .... I say anything goes in poker! Well not truly ANYTHING .... you know what I mean lol