Is It possible to make your own luck?

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In-order to win tourneys you must run good? If that's the case, than this would Imply that you're running above EV correct? Further more to that notion, If that were to be true, than Isn't that another way of saying you're lucky, or to put In another manner, "You were lucky In the spots that you needed to be lucky", correct? Thus meaning/leading me to ask this question, how Is being lucky being good? I'm not mocking or trying to say that their aren't players better than others out there or on CC or In the world period, but am really wondering about this. If I run bad, and I mean really bad, In spots over a long period of time, Is that than my fault for running bad In those said spots? Again, If your money goes In ahead and you stay ahead, than does that justify you being better than the player for that 1 hand?

Ok let's rephrase this one more time.

Jack has a lifetime online earning of $5mill, while Jill has a over 30k games a net profit of $500, lol. Now obviously "Jack" Is doing something that "Jill" Isn't doing, yet what exactly Is It that "Jack" does, that "Jill" can't do, that's the question?

Jill has watched videos online about MTT's, and Jill believes she has a "Good grasp of them" but her luck Is straight "Shit".

Now, Jack says "He makes his own luck", but "Is that even possible"? As you see "Jill" has (I know we all say this), but "Jill" really has the worst luck possible, I mean, her straights get boated on by turn/river, her flush's get boated on by turn/river, her top sets get quad-ed on, her middle sets run Into top sets. Now you might say, well "It's prolly cuz she's going against NITS" but In-actuality, she tries to stay away from the "NITS" and play vs the "Lags/Maniacs/Fish" of the table. Now the other advice you commonly here Is "Steal more blinds" but again, we're not talking about "Small pots" we're talking about the A.I pots, the cooler pots. Those "Key pots you need to win In-order to keep going In the MTT", those "Break-em/Make-em pots", It's those pots that she keeps on losing.

If you continually lose those pots, you're never going to win, sure you can avoid all "All In Pots" but how far you really gonna go playing like that?

Plz help as "Jill" really Is trying to better her game but shit just doesn't change.

P.S-If you haven't figured that Jill was me In that story, well don't respond:p

P.P.S- the last bit was a joke about not responding btw:)

Here Is but an example of the shit I'm talking about btw

poker stars No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t/t Blinds - 9 players - View hand 2952186
DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

MP2: t2997 1 BBs - VPIP: 47, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 0.0, hands: 15
CO: t5000 1 BBs - VPIP: 0, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 0.0, Hands: 1
BTN: t39222 1 BBs - VPIP: 52, PFR: 27, 3B: 17, AF: 2.1, Hands: 48
Hero (SB): t21257
BB: t4047 1 BBs - VPIP: 38, PFR: 15, 3B: 0, AF: 0.0, Hands: 13
UTG: t57892 1 BBs - VPIP: 62, PFR: 23, 3B: 24, AF: 2.1, Hands: 71
UTG+1: t22765 1 BBs - VPIP: 44, PFR: 33, 3B: 0, AF: 0.0, Hands: 9
UTG+2: t9648 1 BBs - VPIP: 33, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 0.0, Hands: 6
MP1: t11040 1 BBs - VPIP: 26, PFR: 2, 3B: 6, AF: 0.6, Hands: 62

Pre Flop: (t0) Hero is SB with T :heart: T :diamond:
3 folds, MP1 calls t0, 2 folds, BTN raises to t1800, Hero calls t1800, 1 fold, MP1 calls t1800

Flop: (t5400) 2 :spade: 8 :club: A :club: (3 players)
Hero checks, MP1 checks, BTN bets t1800, Hero calls t1800, MP1 folds

Turn: (t9000) T :spade: (2 players)
Hero checks, BTN bets t5100, Hero calls t5100

River: (t19200) 4 :club: (2 players)
Hero bets t12507, BTN calls t12507

Final Pot: t44214
BTN shows A :diamond: A :heart:
Hero shows T :heart: T :diamond:
BTN wins t44964
(Rake: t-750)

And If that's not bad enough, I also posted another one earlier this morning of my KK flopping a set where the other guy had middle set and rivers Quads.

I'm not trying to be result "Orientated" but really and honestly "Results do count In the end" all these losses are hurting me and making me question, what am I doing wrong?

Also If you're wondering why I had called the CBet on flop, that player had an 80%Cbet and I wasn't really doing anything else but aiming to hit that set or take It to a cheap show-down, had turn been a blank and I don't hit that damn 10 I don't go broke, hence "My Luck Is Shit":(

So how do the more skilled players on here turn "Shit luck around", help me hit a 4 figure score for the love of GOD

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
P.S, theirs one more thing I'd like to mention, I've even had a CC member sweating my games and I've been sweating his games and even he notices how rough I run, and he's a good player with over 20k In winnings so far this year, And I put Into play that which he's shown/taught me over the duration of the sweats btw, but It still doesn't change my luck