Nafor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
Study, or have game skills...

How do you obtain game skills without studying? Simply by playing? In a way that is still studying if you learn by trial and error.

I would say that in every field where people compete against each other one needs to improve himself to keep up. Learning how to improve one's performance is valuable skill. Not matter how one does it.

M

moularaki

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
yes you have to study to know the basics
then you have to get more experience to play better and not to do mistakes all over again

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think that playing poker skills depends on the number of tournaments played and the study of theory

Djon25

Djon25

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The best study is practice:)

Maxmustdie

Maxmustdie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if you do not work on the game, you will lose money like 95% of poker players

C

CapdeCraniu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everything is relative.

How do you think? Or you need to have game skills and rules

"Need" is a heavy word.
The answer stays in one's objective.
If you want to play socially, then no, you don't NEED to study it.
If you want to have an outstanding performance, especially in tournaments, then yes, studying poker will give you a big advantage against the masses.

flail1

flail1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
study, learn the math and analize your own hands and play makes the difference...

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Absolutely not!!! Some people enjoy the games and could care less what happens. You could explain down to the minute detail why they played a hand bad and they wouldn't care or wouldn't pay attention to you. They just pull more money out of their pocket and give it to the dealer for more chips or buy more playchips. And there's nothing wrong with that.

Rost

Rost

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Learning the basics of the game is very important for a beginner. But for more experienced players, the game itself becomes a training and a lesson.

NWPatriot

NWPatriot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Like anything in life, you generally only get out of something what you are willing to put in to it.

Poker is one of those amazing things where someone can play for fun and have a lot of fun doing it. He doesn't need to study to enjoy it. Take many home games for example, where friends get together to enjoy each other and play some cards.

But if you want to get better and want to be a winning poker player, then you must invest some time to do so. Practice is great, but will only get you so far, if you do not understand the math and why things are happening the way they are happening.

Have fun and study is the best poker advice. If you don't enjoy it, don't do it.

Good luck and God bless.

S

seraxel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on what you want out of the game...

A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think you will be bettergame after game or tournament after toirnament.......i dont think stu dy will be better for tou

PeLLeTTi

PeLLeTTi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In order to make a profit, you need to understand the basics of the game well, know how to identify your mistakes and what to change. Without studying poker, you will eventually stagnate.

Professional poker players never stop studying and they do so in a variety of ways such as analyzing their own hands, talking to other players, using statistics Apps and software, hiring a coach, among other ways.

I

iahawk420

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You can just learn starting hand range charts, but to truly master the game. You have to learn everything,

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker, like any other activity, needs to be constantly studied in order not to miss important information that can help solve a long-standing problem.

filippfilm

filippfilm

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
How do you think? Or you need to have game skills and rules

Yes need. I started reading books and my game has improved a lot and I don't use coaches, although that might have improved my game. Before reading books, I played very poorly:jd4::):jd4:

pokerace_1

pokerace_1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Is it necessary to study poker?

why?wasting your time and energy on some stupid training?the variance will **** you anyway.It's better to buy a poker bot and enjoy how he will play a lot of money for you

balo

balo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
Well , you need to know the basics and then just play as much as possible and learn from your mistakes. Some players are naturally gifted just because they follow their instincts and know how to read other players , it doesn't mean they are good just because they have read a lot of poker theory.

Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can study in different ways. But no book can replace real practice. Theory in its purest form does not fit well into practice.

Subel007

Subel007

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you must study,that makes you better player

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If to make money, then you need to study.

N

Nik990

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you need to study the scale 100 percent, it is useful for developing skills, playing guessing is not good for anything, poker is not only luck

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You get out what you put in. First question, what do you want from the game of poker? If it is to be successful, then define that? Not putting time in away from the table you never have a chance to work on the finer points of the game. That time is valuable in getting the most out this game.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You need to learn and simultaneously gain skills by introducing and testing your knowledge.