"It depends..."

killing_random

killing_random

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing discipline, tournament phase, stack sizes, bet sizes, pot-odds, equity, positions, ranges, multiway or heads up, board, previous actions, variance, etc, etc, etc...

Yes, that's right, everything depends on that, thanks, good to know.

You can answer almost at any question in that manner, and it wouldn't be wrong. But I wish people be more specific to the suggested topic. Gives the same feeling as were been answered a question with a question.

And the second most annoying response is: "It's just a part of the game. Deal with it". Сan be translated as: "Do nothing and hope it helps". What a life-saving advice.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
And the second most annoying response is: "It's just a part of the game. Deal with it". Сan be translated as: "Do nothing and hope it helps". What a life-saving advice.

Ha ha. I am definitely "guilty" of replying something of that nature many times. The reason is, this forum is full of posts from people mouning about their latest bad beat and/or looking for a way to avoid situations, that are just a cooler. Like ending up on the river with a full house, when the opponent has a better full house. Ending up with a Q-high flush, when the opponent has a K high flush, and so on and so forth.

If you look at those Youtube channels, that has offered free hand reviews over the years, its the same story. At least 90% of the hands send it by people for review are coolers and bad beat. So this is something, many poker players worry endlessly about, and there really is nothing to do other than deal with it :)

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
deal with it :)
:D:D:D

To answer the original post , I agree with you and personally I have stopped posting flip situations, why? Because you don't control a flip. ICM and post flop questions should be a good candidate for discussion! So try to provide as many info as you can in order to give a complete image of the spot's action at the given situation.

Plus OK let's be honest here if I have a serious question you can't digest all the answers unfiltered there are many members who don't have a clue about the game and I want to gain something by the feedback. If I have nothing useful to write I just read the answers!

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The answer often does depend on those factors, and ideally people asking for advice would provide as many of them as possible.

With all that said, I still mostly agree with what you're saying. A lot of the time there's a most common play/answer, so you can say "Depends but this is what I'd do most of the time..."

As an example, whether you should bluff-catch with 2nd pair at the river in a spot with a lot of busted draws is an "It depends" spot. It depends on what you know about your opponent, and his sizing, and the effective stack. But the answer most of the time is still "Yes" :)

killing_random

killing_random

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As an example, whether you should bluff-catch with 2nd pair at the river in a spot with a lot of busted draws is an "It depends" spot. It depends on what you know about your opponent, and his sizing, and the effective stack. But the answer most of the time is still "Yes" :)
I would say "go for it" if you don't think it would be mistake over a distance.
River is not a street for guessing.

P.s. Akmost, that dot you've put at the bottom made me scratch my monitor. You're such a troll...