Is it correct open raise with pocket Deuce`s?

blanktheman

blanktheman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello Cardschat Players,I want to know if open raise with :2d4: :2c4: is a correct strategy?

The only time it's ok to raise with pocket 2s is if you on the button and everyone has folded before you. Any other position you actually wasting your time raising and you could easily lose your chips.

V

vpashuta

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't - I limp or call and hope for a set. If I miss it's an easy fold.

N

notahead

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Easy open later stages tournaments if big stack as steal need work only about half the time if u raising to standard 2.2 bb fine but you will need call smalls stacks off with those sometimes and hope you are in flop and can win you needs to build hands into your range that are not always say kk aa aq qq jj with early position ranges or you will become very exploitable although you must consider your stack and stack behind you before making any raise with weaker holding and consider the action behind you and how you will react to the pressure

Mr Bean

Mr Bean

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Ring Game or Tournament and How Many Opponents?

Generally in a ring game unless playing heads-up or very shorthanded the answer is "No".

In a tournament the answer becomes more complex so the answer is "It Depends".

Last edited:
THbc19

THbc19

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's worth it. Despite being the smaller pair, it is still a good hand.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not raise with pocket deuces. If no one raises, you can call after making a call. And there as luck with the flop and away the game will develop.

branta

branta

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll usually call with pocket deuces, but only with position. I don't like to raise it.

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello Cardschat Players,I want to know if open raise with :2d4: :2c4: is a correct strategy?

I do not follow the rules. In my opinion, 2 2 is too small a pair for a raise, as it will easily be blocked even by 7 3 with regard to a pair of triples or some A 3. Too weak pocket pair. Chances for a set are not great. Therefore, I advise you to play a maximum call or a reset in someone else's Reyze. But here it is important to consider the number of chips you and the players have, as well as the stage of the tournament and much more.

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
With anything in poker I try to stay away from always and never applying to anything in poker. Once in a while you might break your own rule then. In some cases it is right to raise with 22.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are a robot, no, strictly speaking the odds are not in your favor.

However, poker is as much a game of odds, and perceptions, as it is a game of deception.

After all, you will have 2 outs when you do it!

You could make it your signature move!:eek: