Is it correct to go all pre flop with 66?

chatocham

chatocham

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi people,I want to know if I played correct all in pre flop withh 66 on utg 1?

edc1

edc1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you was short stacked yes if you aren't short stacked its an easy fold to a raise,il try n set mine with a hand like that

cocojambo

cocojambo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well,if you are felling that you are gonna win the hand I say go.the decision is yours.

TulasMoreno

TulasMoreno

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
Lol, don't use feelings in poker, you'll lose a lot of money in long term, going all in with 66 mm depending the situation, if you're short stacked less than 10 bb you may go all in.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
usually I will fold such hands without position.
or make a small raise and see a cheap flop. but in general with such a hand I would not play attacking

K

kygamblr09

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Weird i just played in a tourney and did the exact same thing. Didn't work out for me because i ran into QQ. Needless to say had i not done that and atleast seen the flop i would have not gone any further. So with this only experience i say not again for me a small raise or call not all in.

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I cant add more than whats been said...if you are deep stacked, its a raise at a shorter table - personally i wouldnt open 6s utg at a 9 handed table- if your short stacked 15bb or less, yeah you might just ship it in. You never want to call off your stack, you want to be the aggressor when you can.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips

No idea, sometimes this is a correct move sometimes not. A serious answer here would require much more information on the type of game, blind level, stack sizes, how close to the money you were & such. There is no one size fits all answer for any table position/hand in poker.

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It all depends on the table and your chip stack.

S

Shanek

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say depends on your chip size and players at the table to me that's an iffy hand to put your tourney life on the line for

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If your feeling like a beast might just be playable because everybody knows the sign of beast 666 good luck.:evil:

C

clasrasmusso

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would not go all in with 66 early in a tournament, I should
Follow if it does not cost too much and hope for a hit.

J

jokr23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agreed with others in this place if you are short stack especially assuming it is a tournament in my opinion.

M

Mepper95

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say 66 is a profitable play in the long run to shove it with 15BB or less.

tagece

tagece

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Why you would shove 66 preflop? Are you betting value or bluffing? In any case I think isn't a correct play. If you make everyone folds, you don't win a expressive pot, unless in the final of a tournament, when the blind are high. If you get called, you will be in a coin flip or worst in most of the hands. Who would call your shove? Who has a good hand to do it.

Even in a good spot, in late position against tight players, you don't need to shove to steal blinds. A good raise is enough.

The only situation that I think it must be done is when you are short stacked.

But if you believe you are lucky and don't believe in odds, go for it. A lot of people do it online.

A

AlbieTross

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on the tournament, how far along, your stack, other players' stacks, as well as how far along the tournament is. This is quite a vague question for so little details. Every position is different

J

JEasyy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Totally depends on circumstances. Ie chip stacks and if you are close the bubble. But I have a bad habit of limping in this exact position (when I have a decent chip stack)

lulu pk

lulu pk

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Must of the time,no_Only if u are very short.

malakata19

malakata19

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Only with short stack or if I am ITM knowing the villians moves can be.

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Not sure

I don't like to go all - in with small pocket pairs. Small pocket pairs are in a race with just about any hand that calls. I usually play as small as possible and try to flop a set. I have seen a lot of players push with small pocket pairs and win. Good luck !

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips

UTG1 is a bad position for 66 at 9max ring .

You may try this all-in at 6 max .

Best position for a 66 is a BB ! :dancing2:

S

SeanDoe

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The main thing here is that you really need to be thinking about more than just the two cards you're holding. Your table position, who you're playing against, stack sizes, what point in the tournament you're in, what are the current blinds and antes. Working on understanding position and what are you wanting to accomplish with the actions you're making and how to get the results you want more often than not.

elizeuof

elizeuof

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You must play with a range of hands that will change according to all the details related to the game, thus, there will be moments that will be right to make these plays, in others it will be wrong, but there is no 100% strict rule, study about poker and try to adapt as you realize that it is necessary to do so.

S

Sorin Iliescu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you are short stacked is easy shove, if not, easy fold

pepsilv

pepsilv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well for me I will try to see the flop first then act accordingly, if I get equity I am a in.