Intuition in Poker

PuMa8818

PuMa8818

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello! I would like to know how many players rely on intuition? How often do you do this? Well, there may be certain examples)
Literally yesterday played in the tournament with AJ on the flop of the QT 4 rainbow. The enemy puts a bet in the bank. I know that I should give it away and, as a rule, elect it ... but something prompts me to call, and a turn comes K.
I usually listen to the inner voice when he says to fold. But due to the equalization they rarely listen and often regret it later)

manolo salazar

manolo salazar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you need to translate this for us. It looks so interesting!![emoji41]

PuMa8818

PuMa8818

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
is an auto-translator and translated before the publication faster))) Sorry. It seems correct)

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I use intuition over math sometimes.Usually it is calling a post oak bluff with king high.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that every person feels his intuitive signal individually. But still, I believe that it is better to rely on logic. Intuition in poker can be used, if you are sure.

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
is an auto-translator and translated before the publication faster))) Sorry. It seems correct)
Translation is ok.
Only native English speakers may not like it:p.
I like to think of intuition as 'in this situation I'll probably win', meaning: the villain doesn't have much.
Next I try to find the math to support it.
In theory you shouldn't rely on intuition/superstition in poker.

P

Pablo22

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have a good base of knowledge and eBxperience, intuition can be helpful. But using your intuition without some discipline makes many players fish.

neiroob

neiroob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Intuition, of course, is good, but I rely more on math, which bank, what percentage and whether I like to call the stake.

polote21

polote21

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the intuition is not just an impulse the experience is accompanied by the hand unconsciously, in poker it is very important to have a good intuition whenever it is supported by a correct reading of the situation that leads you to take the best possible decision.

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Psychics in poker

I do believe there are people who get "premonitions" in life. Poker players would be no exception. However, before you rely too heavily on your instincts you must justify it. How often do you get those feelings? How often are they correct? Are they truly "premonitions" or are they other feelings, such as the desire to win a large pot (i.e. greed). Relying on instinct can be very dangerous if you aren't truly psychic so I'd recommend doing it in very low stakes or even freerolls about 100 or so times and if you're right more than 75% of the time then I would consider it something you can rely on (about 75% of the time of course).
Of course, if you don't believe in psychics, or you don't believe you are psychic, then all you're doing is getting lucky. It's not even a matter of variance at that point it's just a matter of pure dumb luck which should never be a basis for making a poker decision.

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't know if making a call because you think you know what the next card will be is a profitable strategy. I would stick to logic and save my intuition for how my opponent is playing.

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
I think that somehow we all intuit when we are playing poker ... however our decisions must be made in a solid game ... either because we have connected a good hand with the flop ... or because based on notes or knowledge prior to our opponents we know with great certainty that he has our opponent ...!